Where to tie anchor on 22ssx

bbilland

Reaction score
I just bought a 2013 22ssx.    It did not come with an electric anchor set up so I was just going to do it by hand.  My question is, where do I tie it off?   There are no cleats on the bow and the playpen goes all the way to the end of the deck.   Would those u bolts hold?   I do have cleats on the rear but was looking for a way to tie to the bow.  Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.  I am new to boating so I am not sure what to try.   Thanks!

Tie off on the loops on the front of the pontoon.

I think with the new extended front decks you can not get to the loops.  They are under the deck.  I am surprised there are no cleats.

I have an extended deck and you can get to the loops, but I have cleats that I tie off too on the bow or the stern.  I can take some pictures if needed.

Pics are always good. Worth a thousand words.     :p

You can tie off on the eyelet of the toon or the center u-bolt under the front of the deck. 

Either one would be fine.

DDAAAC36-A514-44B6-9308-8C25B4B54FA7_zpsijmqz5yp.jpg

image_zps40a558b5.jpg

Good to hear they added cleats to the extended bow deck. We thought there was something missing when we bought our '13 22 SSX

So is it NOT good to use your cleats to anchor ? 

Thank You Dave ,I though I was messing up . 

I added a cleat to the front of my pontoon boat specifically for the attachment of my anchor........it was easy to install........

Thanks for all of the advice everyone!  This is a very helpful forum.  I  never noticed loops under the deck to tie off to.  I will have to look under there tomorrow, if not, I may add a cleat to the front later this summer.   thanks again. Barry

I added a cleat to the front of my pontoon boat specifically for the attachment of my anchor........it was easy to install........
BigKahuna: did you install that front cleat in the center in front of the gate or offset it to avoid walk space?

We'll have the 22 SFX SPS tri-toon and assume there's no front cleat so we were imagining having to install a front cleat ourselves. Thinking in the center front would be best to optimize whatever current there may be as well as having the gate open to have room to kneel down to raise an anchor. Will it be a trip hazzard or something one could walk around easy enough? (Why doesn't Bennington just install one in front?)

I think putting something in the center would be a hazard and also take up valuable on/off room.  It's curious that there are no bow cleats when they have so many practical applications for tying up.  I must be missing something.

I installed the anchor cleat on the portside front of the boat. I store my anchor under the front portside corner seat and it works out well.............

Back