Which Garmin GPS / Fish Finder will fit?

cyanarella

Reaction score
Hey Tooners...  I am doing that thing where I am shopping but can't remember how much room I have on my dash. I want to buy the Garmin 54DV and flush mount it but I am not sure if there is space. 

I have a 2014 20SLX

Here are the 2 I am looking at

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/garmin--echomap-44dv-chartplotter-sonar-combo-with-downv-scanning-sonar--17397761?cm_mmc=EM-_-Promo-_-160409-_-N/A

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/garmin--echomap-chirp-54dv-5-inch-fishfinder-chartplotter-with-gt-23tm-downv-chirp-transducer-and-bluechart-g2-charts--17044728

I'm pretty sure the 54 would fit in the original location. That is what I would like to add to my 2014 S.

I have the upgraded Garmin GPS on our boat, my assumption would be it'll fit where the original unit was mounted, just a little bit of cutting.

We have a 2016 21SLX and I am reasonably sure that your helm is the same. We also have a 54DV, and our dealer had confirmed that it was flush mountable in the helm. In the end, we decided that the unit would be in a much better position for safely looking at it, and also able to move it to take glare off it with the sun behind us if it was pedestal mounted. So that is what we did, and for us made the right decision. 

Bottom line is is that you should be able to flush mount a 54DV if that is what you choose to do.

I was actually thinking of pulling dash out, removing all gauges, making a new dash panel and mount the Garmin 5" right in the center next to the tach.  ???  Am I crazy ? 

I was actually thinking of pulling dash out, removing all gauges, making a new dash panel and mount the Garmin 5" right in the center next to the tach.  ???  Am I crazy ? 

Nope, sounds like you're resourceful.

I have a 2014 21 SLX and mounted a 5" Humminbird Helix 5 in the dash where the factory is usually installing their fish finders.  It's tight and partially obstructed by the steering wheel but works great for me. 

The mention of a new dash panel,  awesome idea.  Would love to see that finished! If I could have taken a project like that on, I would have. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We have a 2016 21SLX and I am reasonably sure that your helm is the same. We also have a 54DV, and our dealer had confirmed that it was flush mountable in the helm. In the end, we decided that the unit would be in a much better position for safely looking at it, and also able to move it to take glare off it with the sun behind us if it was pedestal mounted. So that is what we did, and for us made the right decision. 

Bottom line is is that you should be able to flush mount a 54DV if that is what you choose to do.

Have you got pics of your mount?

I moved my post to keep from hijacking. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back