Which Hydrohoist should I get?

gigem

Reaction score
It looks like I might be getting a 2016 Bennington 24SSLX SPS with 150 hp Yamaha. I will be getting a Hydrohoist for my slip, to keep it out of the water.

From the book I have it looks like that hull might weigh at most 2700 pounds or so. Add 500 for the motor is 3200# Fuel and misc stuff, should be under 4000# I figure.

Hydrohoist shows that that make a 4400# unit and a 6600# unit. Is the 4400# unit sufficient, or should I err on the side of caution and go up to the 6600#?

Thanks!

It looks like I might be getting a 2016 Bennington 24SSLX SPS with 150 hp Yamaha. I will be getting a Hydrohoist for my slip, to keep it out of the water.

From the book I have it looks like that hull might weigh at most 2700 pounds or so. Add 500 for the motor is 3200# Fuel and misc stuff, should be under 4000# I figure.

Hydrohoist shows that that make a 4400# unit and a 6600# unit. Is the 4400# unit sufficient, or should I err on the side of caution and go up to the 6600#?

Thanks!

Hmmm... Do you ever think you’d have it on the lift, but with people hanging out on the boat? If so, then maybe the 6600# one as a bunch of people could add a lot of weight. However, if you don’t really ever see that happening, and rather you having it already lowered into the water when people are on it, then its seems like you’d be fine with the 4400# lift.

I was originally going to get a 6000# lift (not Hydrohoist) and it was only $300 more for a 9000 #. I don't worry about weight.:)

I have a Shorestation 4000# Boat,Motor and Fuel I come in at 3700 #.I was told by Dealer that the lift companies rate Lifts lower than what a lift will actually hold. So I think you will be fine with the 4400# lift.

A 4400# would probably be fine, but personally I'd get the 6600#. In the past we sometimes have several people hanging out in the boat while on the lift, it wouldn't take too many people and the 4400# lift would be maxed out. I would also imagine the 6600# lift is also a stronger unit and will hold up better.
We currently have a 4000# and a 6000# Poly Lift. We sold both boats this spring and have a new pontoon on order. Unfortunately the 4000# was in the well the pontoon needs to go in (other well has a vee in the front) so I'm switching the lifts so the new pontoon is on the 6000# lift.

When our lift is near the dock early in the season, it is not unusual for people to hang out at it with the music on. It in essence becomes a covered porch on the water. I never invisioned using it that way, but it does happen from time to time.

I have a R23 with a VMAx250 and I went with the HydroHoist 6600. Never know when you may want to upgrade to something bigger and heavier. Go big or go home:)

I agree with Spoonman. The cost difference if probably not that much and if you get a heavier boat in the future swapping out the lift will be far more expensive than paying the extra lift capacity now. We too find people often just want to sit on the boat when it on the lift.

Back