Which Prop for New 23RSR with Yamaha F300XCA

I have the 15.5-17 Saltwater II and I can trim above 1/2to just under 3/4 with no porpoising. My top end is usually in the 46 to 48 window.Again, I am in the second hole. I am sure if I wanted to play with engine height and othe props I might get a little mor top end. My RPM at top end is usually around 5800 and occasionally 5900. I just don’t think it is worth it to play around for maybe 1 mph.
That's the prop I'm looking at trying -- thanks to offer from my dealer. I suspect my boat performance would be very similar to yours. Acceleration with the 16" prop is insane with just my wife and I, and I suspect it will be noticeably less with 17" prop. The choppy rough water may have contributed to the porpoising when testing above 1/2 trim so will try it again next spring. Also, maybe the top speed will be little higher on smooth water with less prop slip. Right now the motor is mounted in the top hole. I may also try raising raising the motor one hole position. Again, I'm looking for best all around performance with this boat and motor combination, not just top speed. Thanks for the info.

Back