White Simtex Vinyl Seats

R_A_T

Reaction score
We bought a brand new 2019 25QXSBWA, removed the shrink wrap, put the supplied mooring cover on, we have yet to take the boat on the water.

We took the cover off and on the swing back seat only, were little black dots all over. We have white interior. I thought I could vacuum up and it didn’t work. It is like the black dots are imbedded into the fibers of the fabric. Tried using suggested Fantastik and a scrub brush with no success.

First, does anyone know what it is (zoom in on pics) and second how to get rid of. Disappointed that it looks like this before our first use. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2F98C5EF-D553-4971-A4DB-CC77EB88D092.jpeg
    2F98C5EF-D553-4971-A4DB-CC77EB88D092.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 122
  • 3B58721B-1C17-4AFE-ABFB-401F8971FEEA.jpeg
    3B58721B-1C17-4AFE-ABFB-401F8971FEEA.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 127
  • EEE683C9-CD1C-4B22-BD18-1863477FB0CA.jpeg
    EEE683C9-CD1C-4B22-BD18-1863477FB0CA.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 122
We bought a brand new 2019 25QXSBWA, removed the shrink wrap, put the supplied mooring cover on, we have yet to take the boat on the water.

We took the cover off and on the swing back seat only, were little black dots all over. We have white interior. I thought I could vacuum up and it didn’t work. It is like the black dots are imbedded into the fibers of the fabric. Tried using suggested Fantastik and a scrub brush with no success.

First, does anyone know what it is (zoom in on pics) and second how to get rid of. Disappointed that it looks like this before our first use. Thanks.

I love the look of white fabric on a boat, but I shudder at the prospect of trying to keep it clean. Yours really does look beautiful.

We can get bug/spider droppings on our fabric that look somewhat similar. They have always come out of our Simtex with the recommended Dawn dish soap & Water, and a little rubbing.

That said, we had also added a fabric protection through the dealership at purchase, so we are also unsure how much that plays a role in our fairly easy to clean seats and fabrics. Additionally I’m sure our tannish interior helps a bit with things not standing out as distinctly.

As always, Do a test sample. Pick a small out of the way area, try some Totally Awesome on a out of the way area and see how it looks.

If I had to guess, it looks like a defect in the material itself. However, not to worry with a 10 year warranty. I'd let you dealer know, enjoy your summer and have it replaced in the fall.

I have same fabric and same issue... its a constant battle to keep clean... i have same spots i cannot get to come out

Is it mildew? Down here in Florida it’s a never ending battle

Is it mildew? Down here in Florida it’s a never ending battle
Marine 31 - Mildew Remover and then apply the Mildew Guard - It is amazing
Just bought a big box of stuff from them last weekend.

Gel or regular Bruce? I see they are located right in my backyard as well. I think I saw a trailer for this company wrapped in company logos in one of the homes in my neighborhood. I'll have to ask around

Last edited:
I ordered both the gel and regular. Never used the gel before but with the leave juice stains i thought the dwell time with the gel might be helpful. Well try it today.

Thanks. I did some research and the guy in my neighborhood is the owner of McKee’s 37. Looked like he used to own autogeek, marine 31 and some other businesses so probably the same stuff. The photo on his website is a picture in front of our neighborhood. I’ll see if I can catch him outside one day and chat about it. 5B230D49-8595-49E1-A27F-8B6F1F52447F.jpeg

Just ordered the mildew remover, non skid sealer and protector for the swim platform and vinyl flooring in the fishing toon and his spray on rinse off SiO2 coating.

Back