Wife ordered us a new boat!!!!!

lakeliving

Reaction score
I have so start by saying I have the best wife in the world!! We have been looking at getting a pontoon (either used or new) for some time now and have attended some local boat shows this summer/fall. We finally narrowed it down to a 2013 22sslx and started gathering prices. After working with a local dealer for months and being told to wait for their VIP day for the best deals around, the pricing was not in line with other dealers. Once we walked out of there it seemed as if my vision of enjoying a new Bennington was merely a hollow dream now. But yesterday while out to dinner with my wife, half way through the meal she pulls out a folded piece of paper and hands it to me, I open it and guess what...a purchase agreement/order for a our 2013 22 sslx!!! I was so excited I couldn't even finish my dinner. She apparently bought the boat on Tuesday and left work early yesterday to get the order finalized before we met for dinner.

Here is the specs

22sslx in Blue, no accent color (we liked how the blue contrasts with the x rails)

Yamaha F115 w/5 year warranty

chrome logos

lifting strakes

tilt wheel

G series seat

table upgrade

custom wheel

depth/fish finder

4 rod holders

stainless docking lights

HD rub rail

Ski Tow bar

Solid Keels

Cup holders

I'm super excited and cannot wait until December to see it when it comes in, then another 3-4 months until it can be put in the water. I'll post some pics as soon as possible to prove it!

She got any sisters?

Congratulations!!!!! That's why I'm on my second Bennington in two years! It's exciting to get that new boat but better when someone else buys it. Could your wife call mine.

Thanks guys! It really threw me off guard as we just ordered new kitchen cabinets, granite, and we are also putting a new deck on the house early spring. I told her we can hold off on the Bennington but I guess she wanted it more than she was letting on!! :D

She does have a sister but she's already taken, sorry

Anyone in the Mid-Michigan area?

Congrats Lakeliving..............You've good got a good woman there. How long have you been married???????

Southeast Michigan here, but our boat will live on Torch Lake. Nice boat.. Wife's are great. Mine was the driver in buying our boat as well. I can tell you one thing..... It's going to be a LONG Winter waiting for the thaw!

AWK

Married 5 years in December!

Thanks AWK, The in-laws have a place on Glen Lake (They have a Bennington up there so we're keeping it a family tradition).

It is going to be a long, long winter waiting for spring to come around.

Married 5 years in December!

Thanks AWK, The in-laws have a place on Glen Lake (They have a Bennington up there so we're keeping it a family tradition).

It is going to be a long, long winter waiting for spring to come around.
We managed to get our boat on the the last week of August. We put 11.4 hours on it. So far, no real issues. Sure makes for a realxing day. So, like you we will be waiting for the Spring thaw. Hopefully you can get the boat and have somewhere at home to store it. Next best thing is to sit in it, tinker, and dream of warm days.

AWK

The dealer is going to hold on to it until the spring but I'll be up there the day it comes in to check it out and based on some other posts...make sure what we ordered shows up.

Congrats. You have a real keeper there !!! Get that camera ready to post up pics when it shows up! The Blue is the best color... Ok maybe I'm a little biased .... :lol:

Secord lake or spicer's? We keep ours in caseville on Saginaw bay. Love the benny. I'm sure you will too. Great story. You got a keeper in her. Now it's your turn to surprise HER with something.....

Todd

I had somewhat but not near lthis level of surprise front the wife. We had talked about toons and getting off the offshore fishing scene. My 2 kids were 6 and 3 and the non skid deck and center console wasn't really part of their ideas of a fun boat. Trolling 6 hours a day made for unhappy family. So I had to go to Korea for 2 weeks in Feb 2011. When I came back, my wife had gone to the boat shows in the area and laid all the brochures out on the table when I got home. Message received loud and clear. We sealed the deal a few weeks later and we were in the water with our r new benny 2nd weekend of June 2011.

Have never regretted that decision. When kids are older, I may want to get back into the tournament scene. But for now, family time so first on the agenda

Congrats again on the new boat

Todd

It sure is nice to have the spouse on board. What's really shocking is that she told me I was crazy for looking at new boats as there are deals to be found on uesd. I reminded her of how much an outboard motor costs and the risks of used. I'm positive the 7 year warranty helped seal the deal on buying new. MTUDB24, it's funny you mentioned the brochures, I would walk by my wife while she was on her computer and catch her on the bennington site building and looking at the options. I'm excited for the memories that will be made on this boat with family and friends. Our yellow lab will be happy to get back on the water as well. He loved our 25' crest III, that thing had about an acre in front for him to walk around on.

Any one know how to find out your build date without bothering the dealer?

Any one know how to find out your build date without bothering the dealer?
If I sold you a new boat it would not be a bother for you to call me and ask that question. Part of service is giving you answers.

Congratulations Lakeliving!! your going to love the Benny! we took delivery of ours july 13th which happens to have been a friday! put 41 hrs on her. unlike you lucky gentleman my wife has zero interest in boating :( go she says, have fun! ok i say, if you insist B) lol... THIS IS THE LIFE!!

Back