Will this winter ever end? I have a new Benny to enjoy!!

lakeliving

Reaction score
This winter is killing me. Every time I look at the weather the temps are below average and more cold, snow is on the way. I just want it to warm up quick so we can enjoy the new boat!!! I guess that brings me to a question, when does everyone in MI and surrounding area get their boats in the water? I'm anxious to get it in however, don't want to damage the boat.

After a couple days of melting and rains on the 12" snow we had last week finally killed it, we had snow again last night - ugh!

When I skied a lot, we've gone as early as Easter (first week of April) and probably will this year since we have a new boat, new lift, and associated dock changes. I just want to get it all right before the season really starts. I can recall putting the dock in at that time in prior years and having snow come down on top of it, however at that point you aren't going to get enough consistent freezing to hurt anything. The only down side is if the weather stays colder, you might let a big load of fuel sit there for 3-4 weeks waiting for warmth. At least put some fuel stabilizer in it and keep the batteries on a maintainer if you won't be able to use it every few days.

I feel your pain, sort of. Living in south Florida in the winter. We have our boat on a lake in central Wisconsin for the summer. Ordered a new 2275gl. The dealer has it in and sent pictures. They never put boats or docks in before may 1. We have had nasty weather late in spring So, we will have to wait.

Good luck and pray for an early spring.

I'm hoping April 13 will allow for a nice maiden voiage. Our lake is dam controlled and the water level will begin to rise 03/20 so it will be a waiting game from there. Any issues if it drops below freezing at night with an outboard out of water on a lift?

Thanks

I'm hoping April 13 will allow for a nice maiden voiage. Our lake is dam controlled and the water level will begin to rise 03/20 so it will be a waiting game from there. Any issues if it drops below freezing at night with an outboard out of water on a lift?

Thanks
As long as it is trimmed down, all the water drains out so you're ok.

Another Wisconsin resident here. We pretty much wait until mid may. It seems like a long long time. More snow on the way tomorrow here. Ouch!!

SNOW tomorrow Lake,

I am still waiting for the boat to arrive, I don't think I could handle it if it was here. Hang tough, soon you'll be cruising Thompson during Balloonfest

Yours will be in soon and we'll be in misery together waiting for warmer weather!! As for the balloon fest, the last few years they have flown right over and a few are brave enough to drop their baskets in the lake. It is pretty cool to watch. This year I'll have a boat where I can chase them down to get a closer look.

I boat in Central Wisconsin as well. Last year was unusually warm and the ice broke up early on our lakes. Had the boats in the water in the last day of April, a personal record. Still early yet, but so far it does not look like we're going to have a repeat. Keeping my fingers crossed!

was in the 50's here for a while but suddenly dropped to the mid 30's and is going to stay that way for a while; Crap

Snowing again in SW WI!!! This time last year we already had some 60-70 degree days!!! We still have 6 inches of snow on the ground!!!! Come on SPRING!!!

Supposed to be close to 80 here tomorrow.

Snowing again in SW WI!!! This time last year we already had some 60-70 degree days!!! We still have 6 inches of snow on the ground!!!! Come on SPRING!!!
Haha your so funny!! 6 inches! I have snow banks around my driveway that are 5+ feet tall! The middle of my backyard is about 3.5-4 feet! 6 inches, Haha, heck I'd be getting life jackets and towels ready if I had that!! They are calling for a possible foot MORE of snow over this next week! So I'M sick of WINTER!! Haha

Derrick, good luck with the foot of snow!!! I would be sick of Winter as well!! We typically get 60-80inches of snow a year down here! The boat was supposed to come in on Friday but was delayed due to wintry weather. We did see our first robin this week so hopefully spring is right around the corner!!!!!

The only thing that is helping me at this time is I don't have to look at my new boat in the driveway.

I went to "visit" our new one yesterday at the dealership. I still haven't seen the inside yet, as they rigged it a couple days ago and immediately shrink wrapped it again! I have pictures of it with the big Merc on it now, but it's all wrapped up in a big blue bubble.

Unfortunately, our lake is still fully ice covered and it's supposed to remain cold all week so my hopes of getting the dock and lift in early April may be dashed.

That's a pretty substantial snowfall yourself Off Call.!!! Where abouts are you? They actually changed our snowfall warning yesterday, now instead of 10-12" this week, we're supposed to get that today! Some storm from Montana or something. I do find it funny that it is coming up from Montana, yet we are supposed to get more snow than the people living closer to the border! Could be interesting being a courier tomorrow! Haha

Global warming .... Pffffttttt ...... Not here !!!!

Looking back through my prior posts the maiden voyage will have to wait as water level is still low. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the 27th will hold. Rain this week should help the lake level.
SAM_8145_zpsce15d0d7.jpg

Back