Will this winter ever end? I have a new Benny to enjoy!!

Our level in a spring feed deep glacial lake was down about 18" which is unheard of around here. Checking last Saturday, it looks we're only about 4-6" down based on the marks on the seawalls. Hopefully we get normal precipitation through the rest of spring and summer to keep it there.

80 here today. WOO HOO!

You sure know how to throw salt in an open wound Carl!!!

The weather forecast is calling for 2-3 inches of rain by Friday so that will help the lake level.

I am in Northern Michigan ,we still have ice on the inland lakes ,with 6-11 inches of snow predicted for Thursday through Saturday morning ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow jsfb6pts saw it on the news that you were getting more snow, sucks. Hopefully it will turn quickly

Time to move. South.

I am in Northern Michigan ,we still have ice on the inland lakes ,with 6-11 inches of snow predicted for Thursday through Saturday morning ..
I was watching that storm too. It was originally supposed to hit us too, now it looks like it won't be as bad, still calling for rain and snow Saturday and Sunday, but not as much. I for one hope they are right this time!

I will be doing that ,if house prices ever recover .
Your replacement house prices have fallen also. We sold the old house 2 years ago for less than we were planning on but the new house was much cheaper than we had priced 3 years ago. It turned out to be a wash.

Your replacement house prices have fallen also. We sold the old house 2 years ago for less than we were planning on but the new house was much cheaper than we had priced 3 years ago. It turned out to be a wash.
I agree ,how ever we lost on last home 6 years ago ,and I don't believe water front in the south has lost as much .( I could be mistaken ) .

We just can't afford to loose on this one, being retired .

A home on the water next to friends of ours is on the market for $315k. Nice looking house, nice property and nice dock.

A home on the water next to friends of ours is on the market for $315k. Nice looking house, nice property and nice dock.
I could make that work ,if I got back what I have into mine .

Do you have a listing # or area I could check ?

Jack, sent you a pm.

I'm in the propane business and even I am ready for this winter to be over !!!

Back