Will this winter ever end? I have a new Benny to enjoy!!

Pittsburgh, stressed right now because you are in unfamiliar territory; we all went through it.  Once spring arrives and you are out on your boat you will think it was all worth it

I think it is like kids even though I don't have any, it gets easier when dealing with the second one. I knew there would be some bugs, but also know they will be taken care of.

Yes lakeliving although I also never had kids I do hear that they do like bugs

Pittsburgh, stressed right now because you are in unfamiliar territory; we all went through it.  Once spring arrives and you are out on your boat you will think it was all worth it
I hope you are right 

After parking the boat at my dock I will be at the other Bennington Dealer 

On a bright note it looks beautiful out there 

Too bad it is not 75 instead of 55

106087838.jpg

Just a piece of the dam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pittsburgh, your water has a nice blue color; our water is very clear with almost no growth in it but it looks more like a glass of water devoid of blue color.  Can someone explain to me what makes the water blue as in the Caribbean?

Pittsburgh, your water has a nice blue color; our water is very clear with almost no growth in it but it looks more like a glass of water devoid of blue color.  Can someone explain to me what makes the water blue as in the Caribbean?

Yeah good question....you should see the water of Torch Lake in northwest Michigan....looks just like the Caribbean (blue). 

Glen lake too!

Our lake has that Caribbean blue most of the time. I think the many limestone cliffs and bottom rocks on the main tributary causes it.

I am not sure why our Lake looks so Blue 

It is this way especially during Blue Skies and Sunny Days 

I do know the water of this private lake is tested monthly

It is clean enough to drink directly from the lake 

I hope we are always able to maintain top quality 

When living in a lake community 

It is always known nothing is more valuable than the lake 

Not even your house

Without the lake the house is worthless

106087845.jpg

"Lake Living Is Living At It's Best"

Ice is out on big Marine as of May 25, 8 pm. Good news for opener.

May 25th ?

Minnesota how do you do it 

The Land of Ten Thousand Lakes sounds amazing 

BUT 

The Ice Box of The Nation is not as appealing 

MAY 25th 

WOW

pghpa.jpg

Still not quite there for me; as I said our lake is extremely clear, able to see bottom yet our lake is more or less devoid of color.  When the article says "By the way, this effect is most prevalent when the particles that do the scattering are smaller than the wavelength of light, as is the case for the nitrogen and oxygen molecules in the atmosphere."  doesn't make sense that the particles of the Caribbean water are smaller than the particles of my water

I'm thinking white sandy bottom and blue skies makes the huge difference with water color.

Ever see blue snow? Just heard of it this year, and I'll be damn if it ain't true. I checked it out after a fresh snow (one of the many) this year, and it def. looked blue .... :) never noticed it before. Has something to due with amount of moisture in "wet" snow vs. "dry" snow.

I'm thinking white sandy bottom and blue skies makes the huge difference with water color.

Ever see blue snow? Just heard of it this year, and I'll be damn if it ain't true. I checked it out after a fresh snow (one of the many) this year, and it def. looked blue .... :) never noticed it before. Has something to due with amount of moisture in "wet" snow vs. "dry" snow.
When we're talking about the color of snow (not like Frank Zappa that is) you know it's been a very long winter!

I know exactly why the water on my "home" lake is poo-poo brown with a tinge of green and sometimes glows... :(

It's not as bad as I make it sound. Really, it's not...

...I swear.

And the reason is ?

I know exactly why the water on my "home" lake is poo-poo brown with a tinge of green and sometimes glows... :(

It's not as bad as I make it sound. Really, it's not...

...I swear.

Back