Will this winter ever end? I have a new Benny to enjoy!!

Mud bottom, run off from farm field, chemicals from said fields, all streams that feed it are also mainly through farmland. It a retention lake used for flood control. Beggars cannot be choosers.

In the summer months our lake is bi-color (lol)

The reflection of tree leaves mixes with the deep blue 

94687727.jpg

And in the fall .......

Well it is a painters dream

17705301.jpg

As you can see by the photos 

I never grow tired of its beauty  :)  

The person who mentioned they like pics on my first post 

Is probably saying he really took me literally 

Last edited by a moderator:
Chuck, those fall colors are depressing ,we still have snow on the ground . :lol:

LOL

Jack ,

The snow is gone , sun is out but the wind is blowing BIG Time 

I need 75 with sun to pick this boat up

Not happening this week 

Drove by Crooked Lake this morning ( 37 was the temp)  ,Ice maybe 200 yards from shore and there is a small boat out with two guys all bundled up fishing and the wind is blowing in .If that ice gets behind them they will be in for a  long evening .

I know exactly why the water on my "home" lake is poo-poo brown with a tinge of green and sometimes glows... :(

It's not as bad as I make it sound. Really, it's not...

...I swear.
Our river water probably glows .... I live near TMI (Three Mile Island). If you never heard of it, read about it. Worst nuclear accident in US history. I can still remember all the neighbors evacuating. Wasn't scared then, but reading about it now, pretty scary stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Mile_Island_accident

This winter was rough: on top of being stuck inside so long and he funk that caused, now I'm finding too many broken things to fix at my Lake place.

Vent got ripped off the roof which water then ruined my master bed. Thank goodness that it was soo cold that it just froze vs ruining the floors.

My Boat lift got dragged by the ice back out into the channel and messed up the pulley system.

Garage power got knocked out and my golf cart batteries froze.

All in all about $2700 in damage and the boats not even out of storage.

And- I have a skunk under my shed. Ugggggg

I remember when it happened .Are the fish safe to eat .................yet ?

I won't eat em, but lots of people still do. My buddy has a trailer on a island right near the place ??

Back during 9-11 they had a huge contingent of "real" armed security at the island. You didn't want to mess around up there back then.

If you even got close on a boat they were on you like flies on sh** !!

We had  "Mercury " in Michigan  a while back .

Here's his place at the arrow

That explains a lot, now I understand SemperFi :rolleyes:

Dave .how close were you ?
Approx 14 miles as the crow flies. Back then it was like living next door. Now they have sirens on the highest spots in the county as an early warning system.

I remember my best friends family scooted out and if I remember correctly, went to Florida to get away.

That explains a lot, now I understand SemperFi :rolleyes:
Mark, I thought it was cause I was dropped on my head as an infant ???? :blink:

This winter was rough: on top of being stuck inside so long and he funk that caused, now I'm finding too many broken things to fix at my Lake place.

Vent got ripped off the roof which water then ruined my master bed. Thank goodness that it was soo cold that it just froze vs ruining the floors.

My Boat lift got dragged by the ice back out into the channel and messed up the pulley system.

Garage power got knocked out and my golf cart batteries froze.

All in all about $2700 in damage and the boats not even out of storage.

And- I have a skunk under my shed. Ugggggg

There are times when we can all just scream from the top of our lungs 

Can I just have a break ?

Things do get better fortunately.

Thanks Burgh,

It definitely was one of those: sky is falling days... The lift bums me out the most. I don't have wet gear with me so I am at the mercy of the lift people to retrieve it.

Is it may 3rd yet? I can't believe the big day is this Saturday. Now if only my missing lift pieces show up before then...

Seems like it's supposed to rain all week, so maybe mine's not going in after all... sigh.

I was just at my dealer ,he wants to deliver next week .There is still ice on our lake .

Back