Will this winter ever end? I have a new Benny to enjoy!!

I figured I would post another pic of the shoreline, it is amazing how much it has come up in two days!! The first photo is from Tuesday and the bottom is from today
SAM_8145_zpsce15d0d7.jpg
SAM_8210_zpsce6caa2b.jpg

Hey Andy, how long does it take you to lift your boat turning that wheel? Looks like good exercise. NOT!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had the boat on it yet so we'll see once it is on there but so far it has gone as follows; start cranking like a maniac, black out for a few minutes, come to and keep cranking and hope it is up before the sun goes down!! In all seriousness though, I've thought about using power from the house but read an article awhile back about people getting electrocuted when there is a short etc. I think it was in a boat us flyer a while back. I work in the insurance industry and am all about mitigating risk. So I guess I'll just hoss it up with the crank for a while :D

I haven't had the boat on it yet so we'll see once it is on there but so far it has gone as follows; start cranking like a maniac, black out for a few minutes, come to and keep cranking and hope it is up before the sun goes down!! In all seriousness though, I've thought about using power from the house but read an article awhile back about people getting electrocuted when there is a short etc. I think it was in a boat us flyer a while back. I work in the insurance industry and am all about mitigating risk. So I guess I'll just hoss it up with the crank for a while :D
I've had a powered winch for years, though I have been very cautious with the AC. I shut it off from shore whenever not in use and it only has a dedicated connection to the winch motor. It is on GFCI and runs from shore to lift in liquid tight conduit end to end in case someone accidentally hits or snags it.

Our new lift is DC motor with a solar maintainer/charger, the only way to go if you can. The Lift-Tech add on direct drive motor runs on dual battery (24v DC) and is very fast. It works on most lifts and has a remote control option too.

Sounds like a nice setup Tom. Once I get sick of the wheel I know what I'll be upgrading to!

And we're finally in the water! It's a cold and blustery day on the lake but she looks fantastic. The whitecaps and wind were no match for the ESP ;-)

The crew is working on the lift right now, so hopefully I'll have it up high and dry this afternoon.

Very nice Tom. Enjoy the day and the toon.

Lets see another pic this afternoon with her on the lift.

And we're finally in the water! It's a cold and blustery day on the lake but she looks fantastic. The whitecaps and wind were no match for the ESP ;-)

The crew is working on the lift right now, so hopefully I'll have it up high and dry this afternoon.
SWEET !!!!!! :)

Waiting for the snow and ice to melt. Was up at the lake home last weekend. Ice was about 24" thick. It's going to be a long time before I get to have my maiden voyage on my new 2250 RCL. I can't wait for the ice to go out. I feel all your pain out there!

April 15th ,the marina opens today ,and I still have snow on the ground ,with more on tap for Friday .

April 15th ,the marina opens today ,and I still have snow on the ground ,with more on tap for Friday .
But Petoskey and Harbor Springs are such a beautiful area to go boating, it will definitely be worth it when it's liquid again!

But Petoskey and Harbor Springs are such a beautiful area to go boating, it will definitely be worth it when it's liquid again!
We have been here 9 years and this is the longest winter since we have been here .Not the most snow ,we had 168 inches in 2007 .

This winter has been brutal jsfb6pts!!! My wife's family has a place on Glen lake. I'd hate to see how bad it is up there right now too. Our neighbors put their canopy on their lift yesterday so we're getting close around here. Water is only down about 8 inches and rising so we're doing good! With the rain forecasted this week I should be able to get the boat as scheduled on the 27th. We'll see with this weather!

Well the wife said she wants to hold off on getting the boat dropped off until May now...

Gives you time for the deck :eek:

Who's side are you on!!!

You know it's gonna have to get done sooner or later and you know what happens if the wife ain't happy. Need I say more. B)

Since my boat doesn't go in for a month if i was closer, I would help. 2 people working is 3 times faster!

Thanks guys. I'm making progress. We are using Azek decking and she doesn't want butt joints so I get the fun of designing and building so it will look perfect in the end. The end result will be beautiful though.

Back