Winter a good thread to vent

bassn429

Reaction score
Global warming Al Gore. Where is it at ? I went outside today and sprayed 10 cans of aerosal into the air and it just keeps getting colder. :D LMAO Is anyone else tired of coming home from work and spending 2 hrs shoveling and plowing @ their house and then having to broom off their pontoon that is tarped off in the backyard. If only I could talk the wife into moving to a yr. round warm climate where we could boat yr. round. Oh but I will never get her to leave the grandkids [ by the way i wouldnt leave them either but its nice to dream} I guess what makes winter the worse is I keep brushing off a new 2012 20 sl that has never seen the water yet :angry: Heres looking to spring and 1st ice off. See this could be a good thread to vent about winter. Lets all share in each others pain :D

Bassn,

I feel your pain as winter is a tough time for we tooners. For you, having a new Bennie that hasn't been in the water is simply cruel and unusual punishment. I have taken up cooking to help get me through the winter but that has some bad side effects too. Had to join the YMCA to balance things out. Hang in there!

I can't really feel your pain here as it is January and we are having 60 degree days here lately. However, where I can feel your pain is in the boat out of the water part.

First deal I have to worry about is this is heifer calving time. I spend a huge amount of time checking on my near mommys. Sometimes they need a midwife(is this correct terminology for a male?) to assist.

Next problem. Here in our area, the drought caused our lake to drop 7 feet. It still has not started coming back towards normal yet. If we don't get moisture, we may be trailering to a bigger lake east or south to enjoy our toy. I didn't buy this toy to trailer down the road.

I guess what I am trying to say is we all have our reasons why we can't seem to make it out to the lake. I have been thinking lately about filling the ice chest and just dragging the boat up to the put-in and enjoying the day looking at the water(I need a break).

Days are getting longer already here. Hoping for a wet spring and all will heal for me.

Good luck.

andy

Ummm. yea. It's sunny and 62 degrees here today, with winds out of the east at 4mph. My boat is tucked away in storage so I can complain about that, but not the weather. Tomorrow weather.com is predicting a high of 77. I plan to go out on the lake in a buddy's boat since he hasn't winterized his yet. I'm confident the snow will get here eventually. It will stay for 1 or 2 days and then go away. It's just not here yet.

Back