Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

Jack M

Reaction score
So much for the "dusting that was called for ..As of 5:00 am there is at least 3 inches on the ground in our yard,and it is still snowing .

I stopped by the marina yesterday ,can't believe how many boats are still out and uncovered .

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, we are not getting any of that down here. Looks like you got yours out just in time!

Wow, we are not getting any of that down here. Looks like you got yours out just in time!
That is why I stopped by the marina yesterday , as of last Friday it was out but not yet inside . It is inside now .

The local weather said they got about an inch and a half in Lansing .

I even had to clear off the satellite dish .

I'm 35 miles east of Lansing and nothing here. I'm ok without it!

I'm 35 miles east of Lansing and nothing here. I'm ok without it!
Once again the weather man is wrong .

If I had been  wrong at my job more than 50% of the time I would have been fired .

No snow here in Lansing.

Fire the weatherman  :lol: .

Last night he said "dusting"  here .We had over 3 inches of dust @ 5 am .

6 am this morning he said Lansing had an inch and a half over night .

Where do they get their information from ? :wacko:

I always go to noaa.gov when the government isn't shut down and look at the radar. That way I'm not relying on some joker to guess at what is happening.

At times I use noaa also . Only problem is ,they are not always accurate in regards to " Lake effect " .Snow and rain 

They other thing where we are is the Ski resorts . We are close enough that when they make snow ,if the wind is blowing just right we get some accumulation from them .

I have seen those up here .

I wonder if they make a "pontoon" version  :lol:

Looking at that picture gave me chills. Come on spring!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret this but, No Snow Here!! They are calling for 9 C for Friday and Saturday. Granted they'll be wrong and it will be 2.

This morning we got the "dusting" called for yesterday .

Either way there is snow on the ground again today 

I hate to say this, but, KEEP IT UP THERE !!!!

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE !!!!!

Uuuggghhhhh !!!! Just had freekin snow flurries !!!! This is B/S !!!!!!!

I saw a couple flakes flying around yesterday. Early winter means early spring!!!!! Being the optimistic one on here is getting old!! I need to move south asap.

Well, I knew it would happen, snowed everyday since my comment. Luckily it melted almost as soon as it landed,  WHEW!! I'm sticking to my guns though, shorts are still on. Old people are funny how they look at you!

Calling for 3 inches of "Lake Effect" today . :wacko:

Back