Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

Pure Michigan!

I prefer the "Pure Michigan " parody's on YouTube .

Weatherman was way off yesterday ,called for 3 inches of lake effect snow .got nothing ,which is OK with me .

and he still got a paycheck!!!! A wind/rain front just blew through here. It is going to be a long winter.

No rain or bad weather next 8 days temps low 80s during the day.Oh sorry wrong forum. lol :)

No rain or bad weather next 8 days temps low 80s during the day.Oh sorry wrong forum. lol :)
That's just REALLY, REALLY wrong ....... Lol !!!

Looks like the furnace will be going on tonight ,they are calling for a low of 19 .

I can't believe there are still boats in their slips and uncovered up here . 

Some people just don't have any pride of ownership. These are the same people that are wrenching, paying someone next spring to get them repaired while the rest of us are zipping around the lake. There should be a neglect/claims law. If you don't take care of your stuff, others have the right to claim it!!!!

In the same marina I am at, there is an owner of a New Bennington 25' G that was only covered a few times all season. A few weeks back when we were getting ours ready for storage ,I took a look at it ,carpet and seats covered with bird droppings .

I even put  tarp on mine when I was gone two hours to get the cover repaired .

Wouldn't you love to see their home??? I guess on second thought probably not!

No ,thank you.

Funny thing is ,the people that live down state and have theirs  in the same marina as me , have had theirs out for a month now .

These are people that live up here and know what the weather is like .

Same here, 2012 25GCW, hasn't had the Bimini cover on all season. Wind storm it's flapping open and closed. Surprised the gulls didn't build a nest in it. They don't deserve such a nice boat. We took better care of our $9000 GillGetter.

And that is one reason I like to buy new. They could clean it up and state the boat was always covered and a buyer might not know better. I think it is really strange how some don't maintain or show any love to their boats. I guess it is a big investment for us so we want them to last. On second thought even if I was rich I'd still take care of my stuff.

And that is one reason I like to buy new. They could clean it up and state the boat was always covered and a buyer might not know better. I think it is really strange how some don't maintain or show any love to their boats. I guess it is a big investment for us so we want them to last. On second thought even if I was rich I'd still take care of my stuff.
I could not agree more ,and don't forget with used you could be buying their problems .

That is another reason I bought the extended warranty on my motor ,some one thinks I didn't take care of it ,I can tell them it is still under warranty for another 6 years .

Weather man was actually right today ,18 on my way to town this morning .Frost every where .

Heck if I was rich, my boat would be nicer cause I'd be paying someone to take care if it more often than I can now !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
75 here tomorrow so it's gonna be a dinner cruise with some friends. Then off to the Caribbean this Saturday on Carnival out of Charleston. Tough job but someones gotta do it.

Carl, on behalf of us northern boaters who are not retired, you suck!!!   Enjoy the cruise, hopefully it was better than our carnival cruise 2 years ago. I'll have to dig up the video of the seas we were in.

Back