Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

Supposed to get up to 80* on our long weekend coming up. If the weather folks got it right (which is always iffy), then we're heading up the river for a cookout on the sand bar. Sorry about all of the cold weather you guys are seeing up north. Chilly today. It started out at 33* and getting up to 65* this afternoon.... BRRRRR!     :D

No boat, but I plan on breaking the Solstice out on Sunday! 60+ degrees. I've had it out at 30 degrees but not as enjoyable... :blink:  

No boat, but I plan on breaking the Solstice out on Sunday! 60+ degrees. I've had it out at 30 degrees but not as enjoyable... :blink:  

I've driven the dunebuggy on 30 degree days. You just have to bundle up like you are snowmobiling.

I've driven the dunebuggy on 30 degree days. You just have to bundle up like you are snowmobiling.

Yeah, I put my hoodie up n crank the heat. It's ok if it's not real windy. Just gotta stay off highway ...  :lol:

Our low day time temperature for the next week will be 65 with a few days in the 70's. It's been a super winter so far! Unreal! Some trees have already flowered and the pollen count is up. Haha! Who worries about the pollen count in February?!?

Smart people?

Ha! What I meant was........I never had to worry about or deal with pollen this time of year. For Gods sake it's February. Itchy eyes runny nose. Everything's supposed to be frozen or at least cold! I have neighbors cutting grass..........

Ha! What I meant was........I never had to worry about or deal with pollen this time of year. For Gods sake it's February. Itchy eyes runny nose. Everything's supposed to be frozen or at least cold! I have neighbors cutting grass..........

So there is some benefit  with the cold! HA

I cut ours yesterday,  :)

I saw a guy cutting mine as we were leaving for the beach

We had two days in the 60's with sun this weekend. I sat out on the deck and soaked up the sun. We now have some areas of open water so hopefully the rest of the ice is off today or tomorrow. Wednesday is supposed to be 66 and sun.

Its been warm up here too ,lost about  8-10 inches of snow so far .

Warning people to stay off the ice .

Our bay and most of the lake is ice free now. Come on spring!!

I talked to my wife on lunch and she said there was a bass boat out on ours today as well. The first boat on ours last year was March 8th so we're a little ahead of schedule.

Still ice on Mullett Lake ( this morning ,not my pic ) 

16864253_1214704411982926_1988999030407972306_n.jpg

Another 70+ degree day. This has been a crazy non winter. Neighbors Bradford pear trees are currently flowering and their cherry trees flowered last week......

First round of golf weds. Boat is still 4 weeks away. Have a feeling we might get hit one more time with snow. I put snow blower away so blame it on me. 

Back