Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the resorts in the NC mountains opened 2 days ago. earliest ever.

Funny, the young ones on the forum probably don't know what "snow" tires are ..... Lol !!!

Now days we have summer and winter "rims".

Back in the day we had summer and winter "tires" ...... :)

I remember back in the 70's putting studs in the snows when I worked at an Exxon station.

We are suppose to have a rough winter from what I heard so maybe we'll see those 70's snow storms again. As long as it is all gone by April I don't care how much we get.

We had those studs in Michigan too ,they did wonders for the roads . 

In some areas  here the county has removed the blacktop where a snowmobile trail crosses the road and filled it in with some type of rubber material ,because of stud damage to the roads .

Near 65+ tomorrow and strong storms with possibility of 70mph wind gusts and tornado's.  Sounds like Middle of November in  Michigan.  NOT!!!! :eek:

Glad Benny got put in indoor storage today

Our good ol' ex-governor did more damage to our Michigan roads by grinding those snow / ice packing, water holding, accident causing rumble strips down the center and side of the lanes than studded tires and snowmobiles could EVER do! She should have spent some of that money to grind that damn wart off her face!

Oh yeah..........we have summer / winter tires here too.

10 years ago when we built our house in Petoskey ,the manager at the appliance store .Told us that there are only two seasons up here . 4th of July and winter .

Today they are also calling for very high winds and temps in the 60's .

High of 61 here today, but rainy all day ...but that's ok, I'll take the rain vs the alternative !!

Low 60's here as well but a cold front coming in and by Thursday will not make it out of the 30s

Our cold front is due in early Tuesday am ,20's is all that they are projecting along  with snow that will be staying for the rest of the season . :(

60 here and I'm cold.  :D   2 more weeks and another cruise to the Carribbean. Woo Hoo!

We had a tornado warning for our county this afternoon.  Lots of damage not far from our house, but it would appear more from straight-line winds.  It's mid November.......I'll take snow any day over this. B)

This weather is crazy!! Glad your ok over there

Doesn't look good .I am in the heavy section.

1454804_569979193081316_1414368270_n.jpg

This was yesterday 11/18/13
528b96f35ad0c.image.jpg

Holy crap!!!! Great photos

Back