Winter has arrived in Northern Michigan

Unfortunately ,I was not the one who took them  .

The power of those waves is amazing

Those are Lake Michigan ,Superior is even more powerful .

Last edited by a moderator:
Surfs up dudes!!

1474511_525669070862122_1375356099_n.jpg

First Ice Today 11/24/13   Crooked Lake ,Petoskey ( really Oden ) 

I hate frozen rain, and if it makes you guys feel any better it's only 28 here this am and the high only in the 30's. Not to worry though, we'll be in Fla on Saturday for another cruise.   B)

We are at 14 now .Just finished plowing the drive ,we got about 5 inches so far and the lake effect is here .At the rate is is coming now, I'll most likely have to do it again today .

Uggghhh that sucks. 25 degrees here. With windchill it's 9 deg. Spring can't come fast enough. Thing that sucks it's still another 28 days or so till winter officially starts. SMH .....

1474511_525669070862122_1375356099_n.jpg

First Ice Today 11/24/13   Crooked Lake ,Petoskey ( really Oden )
I've been there! We put in at the ramp by the now-closed marina and began our chain of lakes trip to Cheboygan from there. I assure you, my big-block powered cuddy boat didn't care for all the idling, but it loved roaring across Burt and Mullet Lakes. Fun trip!

Which marina are you referring to ?

If it was Windjammer ,that is where I keep mine and they are open with new owners.

Ryde marina is so old ,it looks like it is closed.

You are right about trip from Crooked Lake to Burt Lake ,mostly no wake zone .

1d.jpg

Which marina are you referring to ?

If it was Windjammer ,that is where I keep mine and they are open with new owners.

Ryde marina is so old ,it looks like it is closed.

You are right about trip from Crooked Lake to Burt Lake ,mostly no wake zone .

1d.jpg
It was almost 20 years ago...... I no longer remember. I do remember we paid them $5 to launch and park overnight. We stayed at the Days Inn in Cheboygan on Sat. evening and returned to Oden on Sunday. Great trip. I took my dad, who had always wanted to make that trip.

The ice stayed ,this was Sunday late afternoon .
1475992_525865160842513_299042123_n.jpg

Beautiful picture.

Once again I did not take it .It is from the Pickerel Lake ,Crooked Lake association .The marina I use is on Crooked Lake .

We need to get you a camera!!!

Sounds good to me .  :D

I have an old 35 mm ,I  don't even know if they still even sell the film ,or where I could get it developed .

What year is this ? :lol:

Just buy a iPod touch. Then you can take pics, Bluetooth music to your radio, video, tons of apps, just no GPS. Only 5mp but hey, beats film !! I just got a Fujifilm S4800, mainly for the 30x zoom, 16mp, and CHEAP !!! $117 bucks. Good for the boat in case I drop it in the drink .... LOL !!!

I do have an Ipod touch ,

This just reminded me of the fact that I should buy a new camera .

It was 18 degrees earlier with heavy winds and someone was on their pontoon heading toward the launch. I'm glad I wasn't on that boat!!!! A few smaller lakes and ponds in the area have frozen over but ours is still open water. I'm sure when the winds die down ours will freeze up.

Back