Winter over yet in Michigan...?

He's in your area ,Commerce Twp .

Saturday was great weather aside from a little wind. Our lake level is still down or we would have been out there too. Drain commission is a joke!

I went to the dealer yesterday ,to make arrangements for a  May 10th launch . They had already taken it out of storage to start the work ,reapply sharkhide , impeller ,etc . Then I stopped in the showroom .1st thing the owner asked ,was If I wanted to sell ? I said sure . Gave him a price of almost what I had paid in 2014 . There are 3 people that had asked  about it when they brought it out, .

Bad thing is that  'IF" ( big if ) I do sell ,I will not have a boat this year . Needless to say my wife is not happy with me right now .

Last edited by a moderator:
Your boat sure turns heads Jack. Since you are a repeat customer can you use a demo boat or something until one comes in?

We're putting our jet ski in tonight when I get home. Water is finally high enough to start getting the water toys at the dock. Depending on weather the boat might go in Friday.

I went to the dealer yesterday ,to make arrangements for a  May 10th launch . They had already taken it out of storage to start the work ,reapply sharkhide , impeller ,etc . Then I stopped in the showroom .1st thing the owner asked ,was If I wanted to sell ? I said sure . Gave him a price of almost what I had paid in 2014 . There are 3 people that had asked  about it when they brought it out, .

Bad thing is that  'IF" ( big if ) I do sell ,I will not have a boat this year . Needless to say my wife is not happy with me right now .

Maybe I should call him to see about mine LOL. Oh, except mine isn't red, no tower.

That is a sharp looking boat for sure, and probably maintained better than the dealer's own showroom boats!

Your boat sure turns heads Jack. Since you are a repeat customer can you use a demo boat or something until one comes in?

We're putting our jet ski in tonight when I get home. Water is finally high enough to start getting the water toys at the dock. Depending on weather the boat might go in Friday.

Maybe I should call him to see about mine LOL. Oh, except mine isn't red, no tower.

That is a sharp looking boat for sure, and probably maintained better than the dealer's own showroom boats!

Thanks 

Maybe I can get "an offer I cant refuse "

I'll have to take the wife to the beach .Actually ,thats 2 miles closer than our marina  :lol:

My wife and I did a lake crawl this past weekend on Lake Fenton and the damage to homes due to high water level is horrible. We counted dozens of homes where the ground level of the home was flooded. Numerous pumps running just to trying and keep up and I see no one from the drain commissioners office out there removing the beaver dam. There are multi-million dollar homes on that lake and I can't believe the local government is giving a beaver family precedence over all of these tax payers. I'm estimating the lake level is now about 20" above normal and rising.

Lake levels are up on the Inland Waterway too . I have a friend with boat house that the dock is already under and rising . As soon as the open the Cheboygan locks, level will be down 

The marina we are at has a  trapper come in every year to dispose of the beavers . The beavers block the entrance to the marina 

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=332449#

My wife and I did a lake crawl this past weekend on Lake Fenton and the damage to homes due to high water level is horrible. We counted dozens of homes where the ground level of the home was flooded. Numerous pumps running just to trying and keep up and I see no one from the drain commissioners office out there removing the beaver dam. There are multi-million dollar homes on that lake and I can't believe the local government is giving a beaver family precedence over all of these tax payers. I'm estimating the lake level is now about 20" above normal and rising.

I'm betting those two big ones right at the mouth of the canal are in the water. We haven't been up there yet this year but that sounds like a nightmare. I wasn't aware there is  river/stream that flows out of there. If it was me I'd get some buddies and tear out that dam. Sorry beavers....you've been evicted. I'd then wear their skin around to send a message to the others in the area.

I'm betting those two big ones right at the mouth of the canal are in the water. We haven't been up there yet this year but that sounds like a nightmare. I wasn't aware there is  river/stream that flows out of there. If it was me I'd get some buddies and tear out that dam. Sorry beavers....you've been evicted. I'd then wear their skin around to send a message to the others in the area.

Funny you say that. My wife and I were talking about how no one takes care of stuff incognito like we did in the old days. The problem was just resolved overnight.  :D  I remember my dad and I in the 60's blowing up beaver dams with my crazy uncle, who was a DNR officer. Man times have changed.

A coworker and I were just talking about this. He probably thinks I'm a barbarian now after sharing some stories of taking care of nuisance creatures. I love nature but when I'm being attacked or my property is being damaged....

I hate birds.

We have our new boat scheduled for delivery on May 18th. We're looking forward to getting out on the water. We bought the boat last Oct. and our only ride on it was when the sales men was trying to sell it to us.

It will be here soon!! That was a real tease going out once in the fall!

Easiest way to sell a boat... "Let's go for a ride and talk about it." A few minutes later, "Here, you take the wheel."

It will be here soon!! That was a real tease going out once in the fall!

We can't wait! After we bought the boat we thought about trying to get out one more time in the fall since we had such mild October, but it just didn't work.

Easiest way to sell a boat... "Let's go for a ride and talk abou it." A few minutes later, "Here, you take the wheel."

HAHA, so true. We were trying to decide between a pontoon and a tritoon and the dealer keep telling us that we had to get on a tritoon to understand how much better it was for us than a pontoon. Well he ended up being right, as soon as we got off the water we knew that was the boat.

Water level is not a problem for us, just our Spring schedule. Called the dealer today to arrange for a June 24th splash. Yikes! Summer will practically be over by the time I see my boat! :(

Water level is not a problem for us, just our Spring schedule. Called the dealer today to arrange for a June 24th splash. Yikes! Summer will practically be over by the time I see my boat! :(

June 24th ??? Holy cow. I'd never make it. I was chomping at the bit for the dealer to get me in opening day on April 1st. Why so long of a wait? 

We are enjoying Florida so much that we have decided to not go back to NY until early June so I also will have a very short boating season.  Torn in our decision :wacko:

June 24th ??? Holy cow. I'd never make it. I was chomping at the bit for the dealer to get me in opening day on April 1st. Why so long of a wait? 

Yes, why the long wait! Memorial Day weekend is off the table due to my in-laws traditional pig roast. Don't even ask why! The next weekend we're taking my youngest on a two week trip out west. Did this trip as a child and then took my two oldest kids about ten years ago, so now it's my daughter's turn. Nine national parks in fourteen days. We could splash the third week of May but that would mean leaving the boat in the slip for five weeks unattended. No thanks! Naturally, I'm bummed but will get over it!

Back