Winter over yet in Michigan...?

I felt bad waiting until the 10th .Ours is weather related .We had snow flurries up here  this morning 

We are enjoying Florida so much that we have decided to not go back to NY until early June so I also will have a very short boating season.  Torn in our decision :wacko:

Hey Link

I don't think,I know that if I where you. That boat would be taking a ride to Fla.next year. Just my thoughts!

I was able to put ours in this past Friday and take the first ride of the season! Quite chilly but beautiful, sunny day. I use my neighbors scissor trailer (that I let him store on our property and under my boat all winter) and for the first time he put his in earlier than me - my dock hadn't been put in yet-  so he had to pull the trailer out to use it (twice he hasn't even put his boat in at all). Hardest thing is for me  to back the trailer under the boat again to use the trailer. Takes longer than the drive to the ramp to launch!  At least it is in, but for some reason it seems to need more "spring cleaning" than usual this year. 

We are enjoying Florida so much that we have decided to not go back to NY until early June so I also will have a very short boating season.  Torn in our decision :wacko:

Where are you in Florida? Did you bring the boat down with you?  I'm guessing you did not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark, have you looked around for possibly a smaller economical one to keep down there. 

I felt bad waiting until the 10th .Ours is weather related .We had snow flurries up here  this morning 

I think I'd go freekin nuts if I saw snow again this year!!!!

2 years ago ,I actually had snow on the mooring cover early in he spring  :eek:

And I thought it was bad getting that snow in early March. I don't think I could survive your winters. I can barely survive ours anymore!!

Our 2017 Maiden voyage on Lake Norman was last Friday. Had the ramp all to ourselves. The boat started right up and my wife met me back at the house with the boat. 

Our only complaint was the water level was extra high due to the recent deluge of rain we have had and they had some debris and floating logs/branches/etc. all over. Saw many ramps and fixed docks underwater. 

Oh one more complaint.......Took the Bimini boot off and spiders, bees, mud daubers, other dead bugs AND the dryer sheets that was supposed to prevent all of those things from getting in...............FELL OUT!!!

Oh one more complaint.......Took the Bimini boot off and spiders, bees, mud daubers, other dead bugs AND the dryer sheets that was supposed to prevent all of those things from getting in...............FELL OUT!!!

Maybe you used the "spring time fresh" scented ones and they were confused ....  :lol:

Mark, have you looked around for possibly a smaller economical one to keep down there. 

Promised myself I wouldn't buy a boat the first winter to see how much boating I would actually do.  See lots of boats at the marina but actually don't see many on the water.  Mentioned this to a guy that has a boat at a marina and he said that about 10% are only floating camps.  Have looked in to a boat club where you pay a one time fee ($1999) and then pay a monthly fee ($199) for unlimited access. 

Truthfully the rivers around me don't look as nice or as inviting as my lake back in NY

Promised myself I wouldn't buy a boat the first winter to see how much boating I would actually do.  See lots of boats at the marina but actually don't see many on the water.  Mentioned this to a guy that has a boat at a marina and he said that about 10% are only floating camps.  Have looked in to a boat club where you pay a one time fee ($1999) and then pay a monthly fee ($199) for unlimited access. 

Truthfully the rivers around me don't look as nice or as inviting as my lake back in NY

Seems to me that you guys stay plenty busy down there to do any regular boating!

I was watching a show yesterday ( lake front house hunting ? ) any way most of the places that were shown ,the water was  filthy. Not for me ,I am used to seeing the bottom even 8-10 ft deep 

I was watching a show yesterday ( lake front house hunting ? ) any way most of the places that were shown ,the water was  filthy. Not for me ,I am used to seeing the bottom even 8-10 ft deep 

We watch that as well. The one in Georgia looked like that scene from The 10 Commandments, looked blood red.

Who knows when we'll launch. The water level is up but its been cold and rainy. Wife is only a fair weather boater.

Who knows when we'll launch. The water level is up but its been cold and rainy. Wife is only a fair weather boater.

Mine too. I sure miss her company on those days ....  :lol:

Winter is now officially over for this guy.

54EF11CC-AEF3-4AC0-86AF-7A2E9128083A_zpsf5isrfdb.jpg

8940A65A-69B9-4F71-B5E7-195723BC7161_zpsredtknv1.jpg

36D03AB5-124F-489E-97DC-5D8428DC6EF6_zpspzmxori0.jpg

Our friends were out on their new Benny yesterday too.

A0BC1154-5A1D-446A-B6BF-B18DA45B849E_zpskkkff0ql.jpg

Its over Up North  too ,48 this morning @ 9:00 AM  when we put it in .

1st one in at our marina 

/monthly_2017_05/large.510172.jpg.d1c578813482d5b7e9c4f0f9708fd922.jpg/monthly_2017_05/large.510173.jpg.827e2ba87b2daabd830a398cf139550f.jpg/monthly_2017_05/large.51017.jpg.d5c94798674864597367bca83c0797a8.jpg/monthly_2017_05/large.18403255_462761134072078_7052683146260725763_n.jpg.46f58a8de25372d813c517fadc2b1ae7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back