winterizing boat 2575 rcw io

It is a pretty big deal with the I/O. All the water in the engine and manifolds and outdrive needs to be drained. Then refilled with an antifreeze. There are drain plugs that have to opened. There is not much room in the engine bay to access the plugs. I was an ASE certified mechanic and I don't do the winterizing on our boat. The cost of service on the I/O is an issue. I love mine but have factored in the extra expenses when I bought it. It does not have to go back to a Bennington Dealer to get winterized but I would make sure the shop knows what they are doing.

Yeah, hate to say it, but this IS NOT a good service to try to save a couple bucks, try local or bite the bullet and drive the distance. Couiple hundred now could save you THOUSANDS later .......

Where are you located ?

Hmmm, so do the negatives out weigh the positives with I/O? I've been contemplating if I did manage to buy a new boat if I would like the inboard. Maybe I should start a new thread.

Hmmm, so do the negatives out .weigh the positives with I/O? I've been contemplating if I did manage to buy a new boat if I would like the inboard. Maybe I should start a new thread.
I've done all but the first service on my old Crowneline was 2006 w/5.0l just purchased a 2575 QCW I/O and plan on winterizing my self with the ability to read and watch you tube I believe anyone can do it.I just run boat up to full temp before running antifreeze in system and then I drain it and run antifreeze again. I built a set up that is pretty cool after seeing similar on you tube with Rubbermaid tub, bilge pump,wire,4 aligator clips, piece of clear hose 4" long with hose ends installed and you ear muffs for the lower unit. The most expensive part was the bilge about $32 every thing was less than $60 and I buy 6-7gal RV antifreeze and with the Rubbermaid tub reservoir you can recycle excess use for other projects. I'm in Sales not a mechanic. But after spending almost $600 for some gold package winterizing of BS from my old Crownline dealer not again, fool me once ,but not twice..Just take your time and do it good to get to know your own boat.

Hmmm, so do the negatives out weigh the positives with I/O? I've been contemplating if I did manage to buy a new boat if I would like the inboard. Maybe I should start a new thread.
I don't think you'd have to start a new thread for that. You already have a dozen or so of them!

Sorry, could not resist.

Funniest thing is that post was from just over a year ago when I hadn't actually ordered my current boat yet. Obviously I still stuck with an outboard. Main reason being I didn't want a 25' boat to try and back into the driveway, they hadn't released the 23' option, and I was well past anything resembling a budget!!

Derrick mentioning a budget, good one!

Kind of like ordering a diet coke with your Big Mac ..... Lol !!!!!
Double Big Mac, better super size the diet Coke too! Oh, and I add bacon, cuz everything is better with bacon!

BACON!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmmmm ... bacon ..... :wub:

Double Big Mac, better super size the diet Coke too! Oh, and I add bacon, cuz everything is better with bacon!
Do you bring your own bacon? I wasn't aware that was an add on option!

You can ALWAYS add bacon!!

Is it "Canadian" bacon ???? Lol !!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................Canadian Back Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see how you guys get this back on topic!

I had bacon pizza at poker Thursday night. Not Canadian either. Regular bacon. It was REALLY good.

And I won $4.

Topic? What topic?

Last edited by a moderator:
SQUIRREL!!!!!

Back