winterizing boat 2575 rcw io

BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUIRREL!!!!!!!

WINTERIZATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am curious how much work an I/O is as with Derrick once they threw the 23' into the mix it have peaked my interest.

From our personal experience, our dealer keeps talking about how difficult the I/O is to work on.  If a tech has the choice to take of a cowling, stand up straight and work on the engine or raise the engine cover, kneel down and have very little room on the engine, I understand the "complaining".  That said, I love the look and sound  of the I/O.  It costs more to service the boat and I am not going to do that work anymore but I choose the I/O and love it.  When we replace I am going to get the Volvo 380 dual prop.  

I did all the maintenance/winterization on my 1st I/O. I had a winterization kit that held 5 gallons of antifreeze and it was sucked in the lower unit water intake and it ran through the engine block. When the water turned pink when it came out of the exhaust I knew the antifreeze was throughout the whole engine block/system. I then killed the engine by spraying the carburetor with fogging fluid and then replaced each spark plug and sprayed more fogging fluid in each hole. I changed the oil and filter and the fuel and water separator filter. Done!

With my current I/O..........the only real difference is it's fuel injected and.............my marina now winterizes it.............It's just so much easier to say winterize it! It cost a little over $300............

Back