Wiring for Speaker LEDs

CTriverTanzi

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post here!

I am looking to wire in the LED's on my newly installed Kicker speakers. My boat is fitted with the mood light switch but it doesn't have that option so I don't think it actually does anything. However there are several wires going to it. Unfortunately my boat is wrapped for the winter so I cannot offer pictures for a few months. I can get as far as bringing the LED wire from the speaker to the back of the switch but at that point I don't know where to tie them into.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

I think the mood light switch turns on a couple small lights in seat bases to light up floor area. At least that’s what mine does if I recall correctly. Only turned on to test, never had boat out at night. ;)

You’ll need a voltage tester of some kind. Test the switch in the off position to make sure there is power to it. Once you determine which side of the switch is the supply side, pull the connected wire off the other side of the switch and hook the wire for your LEDs to that side of the switch. Turn the switch on and you should have lights. There’s an electrical schematic section on these forums. You may want to look at that to see wire colors and what is supposed to go where.

This is a generic boat wiring diagram that has served me well.

Attachments

• boat wiring.jpg
    boat wiring.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 54
Back