Wiring help for Simrad Cruise 7

gqllc007

Reaction score
I will be wiring our new Simrad Cruise 7 to our 21' Bennington SLXP. Any tips/help on how to wire it and where?

I don’t know anything about wiring. Have you searched through the forums (search box upper right hand corner of the page)? Perhaps some wiring type discussion in there that might help. Otherwise, hopefully one of the more knowledgeable people on here can help give some advice. Good luck!

I will be wiring our new Simrad Cruise 7 to our 21' Bennington SLXP. Any tips/help on how to wire it and where?

With all due respect, if you need to ask this, you probably should have the dealer install. It’s no different than a car stereo except it may need special mounting panel, cutting of helm, etc...
I mounted mine, and I’m very mechanically inclined, but cutting my brand new boats helm was nerve wracking.

There will probably a set of wires under the helm to power a depth finder. They usually put the same wiring harness in with all the options but don’t hook up what’s not needed. Get the electrical specs for your boat and use that to find the wires. (Electrical diagrams can be found on the forum in a thread called electrical specs) Tie into that harness and you should be good. Like Semperfi said, if you aren’t familiar with doing this stuff, have someone else do it. I can hold my own, usually, when doing this kind of work. But, while cutting the dash to install my new Garmin, I wasn’t paying as close attention as I should have been and gouged the helm face. Luckily it’s in a spot that’s kind of hidden. But I see it every time I sit in the seat.

Back