Wiring problems

Dnaguy

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the main switch at the console is on or off the dash switches still work. I have checked with another Bennington and everything is wired the same.

On mine if the master switch on the helm is off , the only thing that has power is the trim .

It doesn't matter if the main switch at the console is on or off the dash switches still work. I have checked with another Bennington and everything is wired the same.

When my master switch is off I have no power to the switches but I can still start the boat.

I don't have a master switch on my 2014 SFX, all of my switches function individually, and none effect the gauges. The accessory switch controls the radio, Garmin and 12 volt plug. (And a few additional lights I have added)

I had my dealer rewire the battery switch such that it now shuts off all functions. Previously, the trim and Sea Legs worked when it was off. Additionally, my boat was wired incorrectly from the factory. I have side lights, cupholder lights, and rear underwater lights that were wired such that they all came on with the Nav lights and could not be shut off. I had 3 dead accessory switches where they were supposed to be connected. I have since rewired this (and other things) to make sense (speaker light and cupholder lights on same switch, side and underwater lights on same switch). I would suggest you get your hands on the electrical schematic for your boat so you can understand how it's supposed to be wired. That was how I discovered my boat was originally done wrong because the dealer told me it was right when I asked.

Last edited:
Talk to your dealer. Did it work last season ?

We have a 2020 with a master switch on the dash and it works the same way. I assumed it was supposed to be that way.

Back