WOT RPM``

RedRaiderTooner

Reaction score
Hello all!

I just came back from an awesome day at the lake. Something I noticed it my boat is WOT at 5200 RPM's regardless of trim. Shouldn't I be able to hit at least 5900 RPM's? My specs are a 2011 22 ft SLi with a Yamaha F115 with a Michigan Wheel Apollo SS prop at 13 3/8X 15. I do not have lifting strakes or the underwave deck shield. This is my 5th time out an in my mind I wa thinking of this forum and those who had higher RPM levels.

Lots of Bennington Love,

'

Will

P.s. Sorry for the type-o's. Had a few cocktails today.

Will

Hello all!

I just came back from an awesome day at the lake. Something I noticed it my boat is WOT at 5200 RPM's regardless of trim. Shouldn't I be able to hit at least 5900 RPM's? My specs are a 2011 22 ft SLi with a Yamaha F115 with a Michigan Wheel Apollo SS prop at 13 3/8X 15. I do not have lifting strakes or the underwave deck shield. This is my 5th time out an in my mind I wa thinking of this forum and those who had higher RPM levels.

Lots of Bennington Love,

'

Will
Check your tach, mine needed adjustment and was off by 3-4 hundred rpms

Redraider, Is this a new problem? The reason I ask is that a few weeks ago you responded to my post about adding lifting strakes and you informed me that you were running close to 6000rpm and close to 32 mph with your prop. If this is a new problem, I would think you are having a fuel problem.

It semms your rpms are on the low side. A 15 might be to much prop for a 115. I think alot of guys are running 13s. You might want to see if a prop shop would let you try a 13 pitch.

Steve

Back