Yamaha Command Link - GPS Speed?

fastmnstealth

Reaction score
I'm considering the F300 which requires the Yam Command Link below.  It says it runs of GPS if garmin GPS is ordered.  Is this right?  You need to order the garmin GPS unit (1200) if you want GPS speed?   "Speed readout comes off engine pressure sensor".  Is this true!!??   I just don't want to shell out that kind of coin just for GPS speed.

------------

Yamaha Command Link with D.E.C. XCA ONLY. Digital gauges and Shifter. This replaces Custom Bennington gauges and includes GPS Speedo, GPS Antenna, and Water Fuel Separator Large. Speed readout comes off engine pressure sensor. Gauges will run off GPS if optional Garmin GPS is ordered. (Command link is wired to Garmin for more accuracy). Increment pricing shown based on subtraction of Yamaha package pre-rig price.

(Required By: F250XCADE-250 HP 4 STROKE Digital Electronic Control 4.2L V6 25")

------------

I believe it runs off of GPS either way, it just uses the Garmin's if you have that to be even more accurate.

I have that setup. It includes the gps antenna with the speedo runs off of.

I have that setup. It includes the gps antenna with the speedo runs off of.
Outstanding - I was concerned with the description "Speed readout comes off engine pressure sensor. Gauges will run off GPS if optional Garmin GPS is ordered."  The description seems to contradict itself because it also says "This replaces Custom Bennington gauges and includes GPS Speedo, GPS Antenna".  

tmy understanding the yamaha command link is a seperate gauge with multiple readings off the motor. If you have a garmin gps there is an NMEA wire that goes from the motor to the gamin for even more readings that the command link alone. This NMEA connection is simple and inexpensive to link up. This is all for yamaha 200 and under. there is a special setup for the larger more powerful yamaha engines.

tmy understanding the yamaha command link is a seperate gauge with multiple readings off the motor. If you have a garmin gps there is an NMEA wire that goes from the motor to the gamin for even more readings that the command link alone. This NMEA connection is simple and inexpensive to link up. This is all for yamaha 200 and under. there is a special setup for the larger more powerful yamaha engines.
Correct.  I use a NMEA-2000 network that allows my Yamaha F150 to talk with my Garmin 541s.  It displays a great deal of information.  You don't need the Yamaha Command Link stuff at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back