Yamaha EFI Fogging Oil

Philthy

Reaction score
So I tried using Yamaha EFI fogging oil yesterday for the first time. Directions stated to mix with 2 gal of fuel and run thru engine until smoke appears in exhaust, could take up to 20 min. I ran the fuel/oil mixture thru my motor (F200xb) for 70 minutes, consuming roughly 1.25 gal of the mixture, never had any smoke at all come thru exhaust.. Has anyone else used the product? What were your results?

Never used that one. I used a regular fogging oil right into the intake. No issues after 5 years.

Never used that one. I used a regular fogging oil right into the intake. No issues after 5 years.

Interesting how their are so many techniques to fogging an engine. I remember reading online awhile back that spraying fogging oil in the intake of a EFI motor causes issues... guess they were wrong!

I used the same EFI fogging oil mixed in the gas the first year and i ran it for 50 minutes and like you, had relatively no smoke but i could smell the burning oil. No issues in the spring. 2nd year, i doubled up the mixture using 2 quarts of the EFI oil to 1.5 gallons of gas and had smoke this time. My dealer uses a mixture of 2 stroke oil mixed in with gas and he has been doing this since fuel injection came out. Never any issues for him. Yamaha recommends this on my outboard so i go with it. On my yamaha waverunners with EFI they recommend fogging oil sprayed throught the intake but i spray it directly in the cylinders because i read the same about messing up sensors in the intake. Have been doing this for 20 years in the waverunners with carbs and EFI with no issues. I know people that dont use any type of fogging oil with no issues. I dont take the chance. Fogging oil is cheap!

Back