Yamaha motor delays

Miken

Reaction score
I had assumed my first post on this nice site would be pictures of my new 25RSFBA custom build with duel consoles and windshield and a 300 Yamaha, BUT no. The boat is in (close to the time frame given when I ordered) but the motor is nowhere to be found. My dealer seems to know about as much as I do which is nothing. Here is his latest note:
"I do not have any date whatsoever on the motor. This motor is backordered. As soon as I know something from Bennington I will call you!"

I understand there may be delays but to not have any idea as to when a major portion of a custom ordered boat will be available is unacceptable. I see on the Bennington web site they are now showing these motors to be on a 20 week delay. Has anyone gotten a Yamaha 300 recently and if so did you have to wait for it??? I'm really concerned i'm going to miss most of the summer :mad:

When did you order the boat?

I had assumed my first post on this nice site would be pictures of my new 25RSFBA custom build with duel consoles and windshield and a 300 Yamaha, BUT no. The boat is in (close to the time frame given when I ordered) but the motor is nowhere to be found. My dealer seems to know about as much as I do which is nothing. Here is his latest note:
"I do not have any date whatsoever on the motor. This motor is backordered. As soon as I know something from Bennington I will call you!"

I understand there may be delays but to not have any idea as to when a major portion of a custom ordered boat will be available is unacceptable. I see on the Bennington web site they are now showing these motors to be on a 20 week delay. Has anyone gotten a Yamaha 300 recently and if so did you have to wait for it??? I'm really concerned i'm going to miss most of the summer :mad:

Read this thread http://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/no-motors.8583/.

Ouch! The things we don't have to worry about when purchasing a vehicle. Hang in there...

Hopefully it comes in soon. My buddy picks up his new Benny on Monday and it was a Yamaha 200.

Back