Yamaha recall

Crowbar

Reaction score
Had my boat in water finally for 4 days! Got my yammy recall notice today. I guess the repair takes about 1 hr. Lucky for me the marina is the dealer, so I should not be inconvenienced too much. We will see how it all goes.

I had one too when I first got the boat. It was a quick in and out!

News to me , I am hoping that the recall does not effect me 

Dealerships are approx 100 miles away 

That would be an inconvenience to say the least 

Fingers Crossed the F90A 4 Stroke is not recalled

If it is better to have the work done now than to pay BIG later

Pittsburgh_skyline_night.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
homer_woohoo.jpg

happydance1.gif

A guy on my lake was having his pulled for warranty work and he had a 40 horse yamaha.

I meant recall. My bad. He could have told me the wrong thing...his mind was probably occupied with his boat being on its side!

I would imagine. Makes me thankful that mine is trailered. I take it to whichever lake I want or to the gulf. No need to worry about someone else screwing it up.

I forget what the recall's on, but I think they've had some wiring problem to the ECU.  Some boaters have been stranded out on the water.

The problem may be in getting the parts to the dealers to do the repair.  It's on the 115 FB model that relatively few have been sold.

My dealer already has the parts. It's only some of the f115b's that are being recalled. Waiting to see if I hear from Yamaha on mine. Mines only 2 weeks old.

I meant recall. My bad. He could have told me the wrong thing...his mind was probably occupied with his boat being on its side!
On it's side?

Picture one toon up on the scissor trailer , not the deck but one toon in the center, then the other one down on the ground digging in. The guy from the dealer was an idiot, clearly the boat was not on there correctly, started raising the trailer and almost flipped the boat completely on is side into the dock at the launch. They threw a strap on the other side to keep it from going all the way over. It was a mess!  

I would imagine. Makes me thankful that mine is trailered. I take it to whichever lake I want or to the gulf. No need to worry about someone else screwing it up.
I refer back to this post. Just WOW!

Picture one toon up on the scissor trailer , not the deck but one toon in the center, then the other one down on the ground digging in. The guy from the dealer was an idiot, clearly the boat was not on there correctly, started raising the trailer and almost flipped the boat completely on is side into the dock at the launch. They threw a strap on the other side to keep it from going all the way over. It was a mess!  

To me if I could give one suggestion it would be 

Educate all of your dealers to the same level

After educating them do a Certification to guarantee they represent Bennington Fully in all aspects

Do ongoing training to guarantee that Bennington's policies and standards are maintained 

There are too many discrepancies from Dealer to Dealer 

We did the research to come to Bennington

We shouldn't have to do the same amount of research on The Dealer 

Just My Humble Opinion 

TRAF_webgraphic.jpg

Yamaha sent a recall letter dated 5/20/15. The subject engine; F350TXR.....Recall covers the ECU and flywheel replacement for improved quality and long term durability.

Ccando, your name has been mentioned a few times lately and people thought you were long gone. You may want to search your name. I think it was surrounding your jack plate.

Ccando, your name has been mentioned a few times lately and people thought you were long gone. You may want to search your name. I think it was surrounding your jack plate.
Long Gone !! That's only my Biography legacy, LOL

We have been busy developing other projects. The North Texas drought draining the lakes left the boats parked in the warehouse. But, as you know, the lakes are now full. Subject to debris, perhaps there is hope for spending some time on the water this year.

Back