Yamaha Reliance Prop

Dtaylor2954

Reaction score
As anyone ran the standard alum. prop and gone to the reliance series. I have a 22SLX with 2 elliptical tubes, 150 Yamaha.

The dealer tells me that I can expect at least 4 more mph. Just curious if anyone has had this experience.

I did the swap from 15x15 Yamaha aluminum to the stainless reliance 14.5x15 on my last boat with the 150 Yamaha and it did gain a couple more MPH and a better hole shot. You will not be disappointed, it will work awesome on your boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
My boat came with a Yamaha M series 14 pitch.  I was up against the rev limiter, and I swapped to a Reliance 15 pitch and it's 6000 rpm's exactly.  Runs out perfect with no ventilation in tight turns.

I used to go thru an aluminum prop a year--chopping them up on the bottom of our rock bottom lake.  Since I switched to stainiless props, I've gone 15 years with no damagest.  The stainless is just so much harder of a material.

My boat came with a Yamaha M series 14 pitch.  I was up against the rev limiter, and I swapped to a Reliance 15 pitch and it's 6000 rpm's exactly.  Runs out perfect with no ventilation in tight turns.

I used to go thru an aluminum prop a year--chopping them up on the bottom of our rock bottom lake.  Since I switched to stainiless props, I've gone 15 years with no damagest.  The stainless is just so much harder of a material.
Bamaman, We have boulders that like to eat props when the water gets lowered.  I hit one a few weeks ago.  I decided against buying a stainless prop as my thought was if I hit a rock with a stainless not only would I ruin a $450 prop I would also break the lower unit.  What are your thoughts on this?

Not worth it on a 115 Mark. Especially if you are using it for mining!

Not looking to pick up speed Lakeliving, not even interested in buying a SS just curious if it would create more of a problem with damaging the lower unit as my friend is running a 150 with a stainless prop

Chris(CLRD) just had to replace his lower unit after running his into rocks so I would keep with the aluminum.

Re: Sds reliance prop

I've been waiting all summer for mine. (Picked the boat up in May) Dealer said they were on backorder. I just sent him an email asking for status and he said they shipped so should be here in week or so. He said they had 22 on backorder.

As anyone ran the standard alum. prop and gone to the reliance series. I have a 22SLX with 2 elliptical tubes, 150 Yamaha.

The dealer tells me that I can expect at least 4 more mph. Just curious if anyone has had this experience.
4 mph?

That is even beyond optimistic!

That said, I do believe running a 150 warrants running a S.S. prop.

I can coax 40 mph GPS on my 2015 2275 GCW 150HP Yamaha with the SDS prop which is a 4 mph increase over the original stainless turbo prop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back