Yamaha theft ring

Thanks for the heads up!

If I ever saw a guy lifting my 500 pound Yamaha off of the back of boat I would hold open the swing gate for him before I would get in a fight with him  :wacko:

This has become a big problem in South Florida. The thieves are VERY well equipped to get in and out quickly, evading cameras and avoiding detection.

Mrs. Salad is an insurance agent. About 2 years ago she had a customer insure a new pontoon with a 300 HP engine. About a week later he came in to report the engine stolen. Seems someone (i guess several "someone's") had backed a boat up behind his in the marina and lifted the engine off during the night. They basically destroyed his boat getting it off. I think the boat was totaled.

He even had the nerve to accuse Mr. Salad of being part of the ring as "she was the only person that knew about the engine". Duh! Don't you think a 300 HP engine on a pontoon gets enough attention on it's own?

If I ever saw a guy lifting my 500 pound Yamaha off of the back of boat I would hold open the swing gate for him before I would get in a fight with him  :wacko:

Doesn't take much lead to drop a strong guy. Hopefully his body would cushion the fall of the motor so it could be re rigged and be back on the water by lunch. I have zero tolerance for scum bags.

So my Mercury is basically a sign saying "check next door for a Yamaha"?  :blink:

On a serious note, that would be crazy to show up at your boat and find your motor gone. I would have never even considered such a thing. Dang criminals!

2 rounds center mass.......Officer I was afraid for my life when he lunged towards me.

Back