Yamaha V-Max vs F-Series?

mrock

Reaction score
Im looking at two Bennington 2575 QCWs fastbacks one has the V-Max and the other has the F series. Is there much difference between the two?
I know the prop and other items will have its a lot to do with performance. However, I'm looking at reliability, overall performance, sound levels, vibrations, etc, etc, not so much about top speed. That's another post altogether.

Thanks in advance, for any help on this.

I've been happy with my F200. Starts every time and runs quiet. My buddy liked it so much he sold his boat and bought the same setup as me.

Currently have the F300 and prior Bennington had F200 and I have loved then both. Quiet and very reliable.

Currently have 2018 Yamaha F300. Noise is relative unless you have a db meter. It's way more quiet than my previous 2014 Evinrude etec 225HO. Had a Yamaha F150 before that and it was ultra quiet when compared to anything else I've owned over the past 40 years including I/O's. All were very reliable.

Currently have 2018 Yamaha F300. Noise is relative unless you have a db meter. It's way more quiet than my previous 2014 Evinrude etec 225HO. Had a Yamaha F150 before that and it was ultra quiet when compared to anything else I've owned over the past 40 years including I/O's. All were very reliable.

Noise levels are relative... I have a Yamaha Jet boat now and can not hear anyone saying anything. I think I remember reading something about 98db wide-open and 78db at idle.

Of the two I would pick the F over the SHO. The F is bulletproof while the SHO in a 250 has experienced some teething issues in the bass boat world. I happen to own a F250 on my Ranger 620, and it has been flawless.

Of the two I would pick the F over the SHO. The F is bulletproof while the SHO in a 250 has experienced some teething issues in the bass boat world. I happen to own a F250 on my Ranger 620, and it has been flawless.

I had heard that also... however, didn't know anyone with any problems, Thanks for the info.

The only thing I had heard about the SHOs was an oil seal problem that was rectified.

Ouch,,, I hope the gas problem was having too much fun to notice the fuel gauge. LOL

Gas gauge was 1/4 tank off. Had a digital sender and analog gauge. Mechanic put an analog sender in a couple of weeks ago. Haven’t had a chance to test.

Can't speak for the V-Max, but for the F200 4 Stroke, I can...

3 1/2 seasons and 170 hours - performed flawlessly...

Quite, responsive, low maintenance, and just simply an awesome motor...

The V-max has a stronger hole shot.

My F300 might have a thing to say about not having a good hole shot

I have a 250 SHO. It's a 2015 with 300 hrs. on it. I bought it used with 39. Runs Great! Just did another 100 hr service yesterday. And an impeller. Very easy to work on. Just need to break them in hard. Warm up and then run hard. Other wise I've heard they can make oil. But honestly after doing a few oil changes now, I think the reason people think they make oil is because no one sucks out all the oil to begin with. I finally tried using the thinner hose on my oil sucker, as well as tilting the engine back and forth a few times while sucking it out. Then once I added the 7.1 qts of fresh it is right where it should be.

Back