Yamaha water fuel separator

1TOON3

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has changed the water fuel separator standard on Yamaha engines. Mine is located under the deck just below the fuel tank (which is located in the rear storage and changing room area). There does not appear to be a shut off valve between the fuel lines and the separator, so I assume I just unscrew it and gas doesn't come flowing out of the tank through the line to the separator. I looked at a Youtube video on the subject and they had shut off valves or the separator was mounted above the gas tank. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

If the filter is below the tank, you're going to get fuel coming out like a siphon. Get some visegrips and GENTLY sqeeeze the hose. Don't crush it and put a rag on the teeth before you do this. Also a pan underneath.

Some people change them once a year.

I need to try and find mine. The boat builder states it comes standard with the Yamaha pre rig but a quick look the other day revealed nothing. It's only a 22' boat so it's got to be some where in the back 4"!!

Look by the fuel tank or in back by the motor. Follow the fuel lines.

Mine is located in the transom well. Spin off and no fuel comes out. I change it once a season.

Todd

I noticed your Bennington has rear loungers, does that mean your fuel tank is below the level of the separator?

Fuel tank is inside the base and seat of the port side lounger. Fuel separator is mounted below the deck, so the separator is lower then the tank

Back