Yet another Sharkhide thread.....

goldnrod24

Reaction score
The horizontal piece of aluminum that runs between the pontoon and the deck is the part I call the "skirt." It hides the "W" brackets that mount the tubes to the cross members of the deck.

Looking down along the tubes, it would appear that the factory does NOT apply Sharkhide to the skirt. I know the skirt oxidizes because my 2010 Bennie did.

I am contemplating buying some Sharkhide and treating the skirt before using the boat for the first time.

Thoughts?

I think it is anodized. No need to sharkhide like the rails.

I think it is anodized. No need to sharkhide like the rails.

Hmmm, what happens when one 'Hides anodizing? My 2010's skirt turned a chalky gray. Is anodizing supposed to prevent chalking?

Not sure. Sounds like you might be getting carried away with the sharkhide. Set the bottle down and step back. If the skirt gets funky.....warranty. I'm thinking someone got a little sloppy with an acid wash on your 2010.

Mine gets wiped weekly  ( weather permitting ) 

Didn't  you read the thread topic ?

Last edited by a moderator:
There used to be 2 different types of skirts. The standard which was plain aluminum and had no corrugations, then the upgraded skirt that had corrugations and was anodized same as the fencing. (Which most of us have) 

here is a pic of the plain aluminum skirt on sant33

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what our skirt looks like. we wipe it down after every trip along with the rest of the boat./monthly_2016_04/large.20160329_153857_resized.jpg.8c1e028c2c483fa60dcde08f79316d40.jpg

Back