Yeti Can Cooler Alternative

Let the test begin ,5:50 pm. Both @ 39 degrees  

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have ace rewards but never saw yetis there or at least never thought to look.
I am surprised Ace sells as much Yeti as they do .

I got my Brother-in-law ( also a Bennington owner )  a Yeti coozie for Christmas .He had never heard of them .

Ha ha ha!  I wasn't expecting the Kegerator answer!  Awesome
It is on its "Last Keg "  :lol:

I am giving it to my Niece  and her Husband .

It's not used enough to justify the work .

181 lbs is getting to be too much and its not cost effective for a 1/4 .

After 1 hour no change .

Another thing to consider .They are not out in the sun .

I'll give them the 3 hours as advertised .

I dont expect to see a difference .

I may have to redo the test in July @ the Sand Bar .

It is on its "Last Keg "  :lol:

I am giving it to my Niece  and her Husband .

It's not used enough to justify the work .

181 lbs is getting to be too much and its not cost effective for a 1/4 .
Brew your own! Definitely cheaper than any craft beer esp if you keg it. (Once you have the equipment). I brew but only bottle so I can easily transport it to different places. I have 2 friends who keg theirs - one even converted an old freezer into a Kegerator with 3 taps that he rolls into a hole he built in the wall behind the bar he made.

Brew your own! Definitely cheaper than any craft beer esp if you keg it. (Once you have the equipment). I brew but only bottle so I can easily transport it to different places. I have 2 friends who keg theirs - one even converted an old freezer into a Kegerator with 3 taps that he rolls into a hole he built in the wall behind the bar he made.
I used to do that .I still have all the equipment too .

I had always said once we didn't  have a dog I would start again .Maybe next fall  :) .

Kegerator still has to go ,though .I would not break my promise to my Niece 

No matter  what you may have in these ,I dont believe any one will have the same can in for 3 hours .

After 3 hours ,Both are @ 43 .

I dont believe it was a good test ,needs to be out in the sun .

I'll try something else tomorrow .

After 1 hour no change .

Another thing to consider .They are not out in the sun .

I'll give them the 3 hours as advertised .

I dont expect to see a difference .

I may have to redo the test in July @ the Sand Bar .
After an hour, no change...

I don't know about you, but when I'm out in the sun, drinks don't stay in the can very long.  I'd say after an hour indoors with the temps too close to call is a pretty good test.

I'll concede the Yeti is better, but given the price of the Thermos, I know which one I'd buy.  The Thermos ones are quite thin and fit in the narrow cup holders in my car.  Doubt the Yeti would from the looks of it.

Thanks for doing the comparison!  Many kudos!

No what what you may have in these ,I dont believe any one will have the same can in for 3 hours .

After 3 hours ,Both are @ 43 .

I dont believe it was a good test ,needs to be out in the sun .

I'll try something else tomorrow .
Oops.  Didn't read down far enough to see this before my last post.  Your test confirms which wins the "value choice" in my mind. 

You could fire up your oven to 100 or so if you're really bored...  Just sayin'.

Microwave?

Somebody needs a hobby, oops I mean boating weather
Cabin Fever for sure .

Hopefully ,I can get to see it next week in the dealers storage facility .

Want to see if I can get the Garmin 7 inch to fit in the same spot as my 300 currently is 

Oops.  Didn't read down far enough to see this before my last post.  Your test confirms which wins the "value choice" in my mind. 

You could fire up your oven to 100 or so if you're really bored...  Just sayin'.
Its "supposed " 60 today ,I am going to put them in the sun 

I don't think there's enough room for a 7.

I didn't get to do any more testing today .Gathering wood for sap cooking then it started raining 

Don't feel obligated to test on my account.  The testing you already did is good enough for me!

But, I'm always looking for an excuse to go boating, so if anyone wants to send me a Yeti...

Back