Yeti Can Cooler Alternative

Finally using the thermos can coolers this weekend. It definitely keeps the brew very cold for the time I was drinking it. Didn't actually compare it to the foam ones I had, but being much slimmer in diameter was nice. Did like it better. May get a couple more for guests also. No experience with the yetis. 

I didn't get to do any more testing today .Gathering wood for sap cooking then it started raining 

Ok Jack, this post really got my attention.  I am a diehard Yeti fan.  (Of course part of it is due to the name...I have stickers that say, "Bigfoot doesn't believe in you either".  I have a lot of fun with the bigfoot thing.)  I am very interested to see how the sun test goes.  Seems like this is going to be close!  Thanks for taking the time to drink some beer and do the test for us!

We have to get some sun 1st .We had one "Hot" day so far .

I will finish the test as soon as it warms up here 

A key factor may also be the fact that most of our beverages don't last in the can long enough to get warm ;-)

I think I posted this last year .

At the sand bar last summer I was waxing the panels .Put my beverage in the Yeti  next to the motor on the deck port side .Worked my way around the boat . Got back to where my beverage was ,Burned my lip on the top of the can ,but it was still ice cold inside 

I think I posted this last year .

At the sand bar last summer I was waxing the panels .Put my beverage in the Yeti  next to the motor on the deck port side .Worked my way around the boat . Got back to where my beverage was ,Burned my lip on the top of the can ,but it was still ice cold inside 

Love those kind of days! However, the forecast for northern Michigan for the next few weeks might tempt you to bring along hot chocolate. :(

I went out yesterday and got a little sun kist...it reminds me why I moved back to North Carolina from North Dakota and Alaska!!!

Looking at the forecast ,I may not get out again until Friday  :angry:  .Rain everyday 

The Thermos ones are an excellent value. Close to Yeti performance at a third of the price.  Plus thinner and will fit in skinny cup holders in my car where the fat ones will not. 

I haven't tried the yeti in the car ,never thought about it .Now I'll have to check . ;)

The Yeti fits in our Toyota Venza. Time for a new car Dano.  :)

Shouldn't I get a Yeti first?  Pretty sure my wife won't let me get a new car unless I have a good reason.

I was able to my Yeti's half price .I  would have a hard time paying $30 for a coozie ( is that how it is spelled ?  :eek:

About four years ago I bought the thermos koozie at a boat show, but they were sold through "Chilling The Most."  http://www.chillingthemost.com    For those of you who perfer bottles over cans, they have a neoprene attachment to keep the top portion of the bottle from getting warm.  They worked so well, that I have ordered six more over the years.   

I found this on another web site.

Control - can with no protection  vs.

Koozie - Coleman Foam koozie  vs.

Yeti - 

I did find a difference yesterday between the Yetis and the Thermos .The  Thermos sweats inside  .If the top ring is not correctly placed on the Thermos, it drips  when it is tilted .I have seen no inside sweat on the Yeti .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.....for less than 10 bucks I might have to get me one of those tumblers just to try it out.  I can't see myself spending the 30+ on a yeti though.......I'm a cheap a$$

So what does everyone use for bottles?  We rarely ever use cans and buy soda in the bottle because you can close them up.  Currently we use these bottle covers similar to cozies but they tend to get warm rather quickly.  

Back