Yeti Can Cooler Alternative

No Glass Allowed on My Boat .And many others here ,

Last edited by a moderator:
The only bottles allowed on our boat is the plastic variety.  Water mainly is all we get in bottles the soda pop is in cans.  The can coozies we use now for soda are just the fold in half neoprene ones that have a business logo on......did I mention that I'm cheap?

No Glass Allowed on My Boat .And many others here ,

Same with us, I was talking about the plastic soda bottles.  Hubby and I don't drink alcohol.

No glass for us as I've seen too many people at beaches get there feet cut due to broken bottles. Bottles should be outlawed on and around the water.

About four years ago I bought the thermos koozie at a boat show, but they were sold through "Chilling The Most."  http://www.chillingthemost.com    For those of you who perfer bottles over cans, they have a neoprene attachment to keep the top portion of the bottle from getting warm.  They worked so well, that I have ordered six more over the years.   

I found this on another web site.

Control - can with no protection  vs.

Koozie - Coleman Foam koozie  vs.

Yeti - 

I read the posts and since I mostly drink Ultra from a bottle. (The first time one breaks, I will clean it up and change over to strictly aluminum.  So far, over the last 4 years on the water no breakage...but I probably shouldn't have typed that.)    I bought some of those chilling the most koozies with the neoprene attachment and they arrived on Monday. I plan on giving them a try this Saturday.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

I was drinking Ultras out of the aluminum bottles last weekend.  My solution to keep them cold?  I put the aluminum bottle in a neoprene zip up bottle cozie and then inserted that into a Yeti coldster.   I had a hard time telling if if worked or not since the beer was so cold and it was so hot, the liquid inside kept disappearing quickly. :)   ...and those are sneaky since they are 16 oz instead of 12.  

As far as our little hangout beach, it's spotless.  The groups that come out there all are familiar with one another and take a since of pride to see who keeps the beach the cleanest. One of the first things we do is clean the beach of any debris or trash and then the fun begins.  

Last edited by a moderator:
No glass for us as I've seen too many people at beaches get there feet cut due to broken bottles. Bottles should be outlawed on and around the water.

Az lakes extremely prohibits glass containers of any kind. You will get a ticket for it. I love the aluminum bottles!

Az lakes extremely prohibits glass containers of any kind. You will get a ticket for it. I love the aluminum bottles!

I got lucky.  A local gas station was selling them individually.  I spoke with the owner and now he orders me cases and gives me a discount on the aluminum bottles.  They are great and honestly since I can get them now, I probably won't be taking the bottles much anymore.  The slim Ultra aluminum cans for some reason go down way too fast and there aren't any can huggers that I really like.  So, aluminum bottles, problem solved!  (Now if they just weren't more expensive!)

Same with us, I was talking about the plastic soda bottles.  Hubby and I don't drink alcohol.

Today ,I tried a plastic water bottle.It  will fit in a Yeti ,take a sip squeeze the bottle .No Problem 

Go to RTIC.com and thank me later.

Everything is virtually identical to zeti but at half the cost.

I have 2 coolers and all the versions of mugs and beer holders..

Go to RTIC.com and thank me later.

Everything is virtually identical to zeti but at half the cost.

I have 2 coolers and all the versions of mugs and beer holders..

When I go to RTIC.com it links to a consulting page. 

Pay close attention to the lead-time. For me it wasn't worth the wait.

The rtic 30 oz tumbler looks identical to the yeti and ozark trail (walmart brand) 30 oz tumblers.  Yeti is pushing $40 the rtic is a shade under $20 and you can pick up the ozark trail tumbler at wally world for less than $10.  

I bought an ozark trail tumbler a couple of weeks ago and YES it will keep your ice for quite a long time and your drinks just as cold.  Haven't taken it out on the boat yet to give it a real outdoor test but this weekend or next it will be getting tested out as we have events going on for most of the day on the lake.  The only thing I really didn't care for was the lid.  It doesn't have a spillproof top (none of them do) but you can order one to replace the standard lid off the rtic website for $6.  Lid isn't a deal breaker for me as they are all the same.  The deal breaker for me is the price for an identical item with the only visible difference is the name branding on the bottom of the tumbler.  Check on amazon and see how many yeti clones there are and the price differences.  Really like the spillproof lids amazon has listed as they fit the yeti and 99% of the other clones.

rtic 30 oz tumbler

Yeti 30 oz tumbler

Ozark Trail 30 oz tumbler

The rtic 30 oz tumbler looks identical to the yeti and ozark trail (walmart brand) 30 oz tumblers.   The only thing I really didn't care for was the lid.  It doesn't have a spillproof top (none of them do) but you can order one to replace the standard lid off the rtic website for $6.  

Back