Yeti talk.

Wild and Free

Reaction score
Dropped some coin on a new Yeti Tundra 75 on a buy it now deal with free shipping off ebay a few weeks ago for 400 bucks and picked up a Yeti tie down kit at a local sports store to which I mounted it to my rear deck, width wise it fit perfectly and the tie downs sit on the aluminum rails.

Put it to the test this weekend, I did not precool it as is recommended, I just put a 20 lb bag of ice in it and a 12 pack of chilled bottles of my favorite cider and a couple bottles of chilled spirits and a few food containers so all together the cooler was about half full.

Sat on the bad deck in full 90+* sun lite for 2 full days and it was opened at minimum of 3-4 times an hour both days and when the weekend was over I still had roughly 2/3 of my 20lb bag of ice left. So all in all I am more than impressed.

I also bought a 30 oz Yeti tumbler to try before going with the cooler and this thing is awesome, I leave for work @ 4:30 am and pour my coffee before walking out the door and on several occasions have had as little as 1/2 cup left in the mug at noon and it is still very warm yet, more than luke but less than hot.

As far as cool drinks if one would fill the tumbler with ice and leave it it would hold the ice all day and then some, I have heard they will hold ice if left unattended overnight even but the way I drink the ice lasts for about 3-4 drinks depending on how fast I am putting them down. Also an impressive product.

I will get pics of how I mounted it to the rear deck later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wild and Free I have the same setup and love it!! Yeti products are insane!! I too have the tumbler and that thing will hold ice ALL DAY. My cooler I filled once in a weeks time over the 4th of July!  Amazing!!

See cooler mounted on rear deck.

I mounted mine the opposite direction side to side with enough room to walk between the rear fence and cooler and yet have enough room to sit on the cooler and have enough room to put your feet on the deck behind it yet. I did the cooler strap kit rather than the feet and it worked perfectly as I will show when I get home to post pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been eyeing up a Tundra 45, it's dimensions seem pretty close to what I currently use, I like being able to slide my cooler under the helm.

Remember that the internal capacity will be considerably smaller than what you now have due to the thickness of the Yeti for insulation.

Here are some pics of my yeti mount.

Back