Your 2019 College Football Thread

Damn! Well Maryland was ranked 21. Lost to Temple 20-15. Moved the ball all day up and down the field except to the end zone. Couldn't score to save their butt! Crappy game. Ha!

Watched the last couple of series. Great game! But had to be frustrating for a Maryland fan.

Mich State looks like last year. I can’t stand it. Dantanio needs to replace offense coaches. Defense will be top 3 in the nation, and with any offense, they would be a top 7 school. And apparently they need the electric green pants!! Please change OC and pants!!

Last edited:
Mich State looks like last year. I can’t stand it. Dantanio needs to replace offense coaches. Defense will be top 3 in the nation, and with any offense, they would be a top 7 school. And apparently they need the electric green pants!! Please change OC and pants!!

Fit to be tied right now over this MSU loss. Adding insult to injury is the overlooked 15 yard penalty by ASU on that final missed field goal. Regardless, totally agree with everything you said above.

Well, I like what he's saying, but I'm not seeing Wisconsin #1 in the west.
No QB play. JT can't carry the whole O.
Very happy to be proven wrong!
2nd quarter without JT was still all Wisconsin today.
I was at the Northwestern game last year for Coan's first start and it was ugly. I decided that he was not Big Ten level QB. Again, very happy to have been wrong!

Best type of fall weekend event: A nice Big 10 win for MSU in their dismantling of NU. It was nice to see a solid road win, and Big 10 opener win by the Green and White.

Second best type of fall weekend event: U of M being dismantled by...well...anyone. Wisconsin looked darn good in that game.

Best type of fall weekend event: A nice Big 10 win for MSU in their dismantling of NU. It was nice to see a solid road win, and Big 10 opener win by the Green and White.

Second best type of fall weekend event: U of M being dismantled by...well...anyone. Wisconsin looked darn good in that game.

A+ on that. Flipping between the games, it was a fun day!! And third for me is Norte Dame getting dismantled by anyone. Tonight will extend the fun!!

GO Dawgs!!!!!!! Love it!!!!

Wisconsin looked darn good in that game.
I'm not letting my emotions dictate my expectations. Yes, they looked great. If they can continue this without a collapse, I will begin to enjoy this red koolaid! That said, they have already far exceeded what I was expecting for '19.

And how about NDSU Bison beating #4 UC Davis today!

Was on the boat all day. By the time we tucked her in, unloaded everything, took showers and got dressed to watch this game Maryland was down 28-0 to Penn St. Turned the channel and watched Hawaii 5 0 instead. Pitiful! Don't even want to know what the final score was.........

Was on the boat all day. By the time we tucked her in, unloaded everything, took showers and got dressed to watch this game Maryland was down 28-0 to Penn St. Turned the channel and watched Hawaii 5 0 instead. Pitiful! Don't even want to know what the final score was.........

...nope. No you don’t want to know. I really thought Maryland was going to be a surprise with their first two games. Not looking that way now. Sorry Daril.

...nope. No you don’t want to know. I really thought Maryland was going to be a surprise with their first two games. Not looking that way now. Sorry Daril.
I was thinking the same thing.

This is a pipe dream, but really hope the Huskers can deliver an upset tonight!!!

That former Ohio State QB is goooood!!!
IMG_0536.jpeg

Not my boat and not even a Bennington but on topic I think.... I saw this on the Tickfaw River over Labor Day Weekend. :0-)

Last edited:
Honestly, I was very surprised about the hype going into the OSU v Neb. game. I am certainly NOT an OSU fan, but I was expecting a pretty big Ohio State victory. I thought Nebraska might give a little bit of resistance early on, but was then expecting Ohio State to run away with it.

Meanwhile, my Spartan’s barely escaped with a victory over IU at home for homecoming. The fact the offense had to bail us out and win the game is shocking given our defense. Not sure if I should be excited that our offense can come through for us if need be, or if there is some lurking concern on defense that just got exposed. Time will tell...

Well Vikingstaff, in 13 days our teams go head to head.
When shall the appropriate trash talking begin?

Ha,ha. You are likely in for disappointment. Not into the trash talk end of sports. Just not my thing. I will likely prove to be an uninteresting rival on that one. I enjoy just straight up sports talk without the bluster.

As for the Wisconsin game, I am hoping it is an exciting one. I’d much rather it look more like the NU game than the U of M game. Some years we’ve had the decided edge between the two of us, but this year, the edge seems to be all Wisconsin’s. We will see how our run defense holds up against your line and Taylor. That kid is amazing!!!

As you probably know, we have Ohio State this upcoming weekend, and that is the extent of my focus right now. I have a deep dislike of Ohio State. Deep dislike! They are a power house for sure, but one I always relish having a shot at (even if it doesn’t go well). I think having Ohio State backed up to the Wisconsin matchup will be very challenging. I hope we don’t get too banged up in that back to back set of games.

Hopefully my Spartans can find some tendencies to exploit in both matchups. No small order right there, and frankly I wouldn’t pick us in either game. However, hope springs eternal in sports, so I will try to keep hope alive. ;)

Error, Big 10 fans must wait until the ball is round!

Our Spartans will rock this year with round ball. In Big 10 it’s them and everyone else as a distant second/last. Football, I think we can hang with OSU and Wisconsin. I don’t think Wisconsin is as good day in and day out as what they showed with Michigan, but we’ll see. MSU certainly had an easier time with Northwestern than Wisconsin, but a win is a win (ask us about Indiana). OSU will fall off when Urban’s recruits dry up, but certainly not this year, well not until 6 days from now!! Let the good times roll!,

Back