Your 2019 College Football Thread

Wife is a Clemson graduate, one of our daughters is a Georgia Bulldog graduate. So that gives you an idea who we route for. Watching Bulldogs as I write this.
Judging from the first half with Tennessee the Dog's will have a lot of work to do in preparing for Florida. UGA has the talent but team play needs sharpened. Ohio State tied with UGA in the rankings??? I don't see it. Go Dawgs.

You are right Wayne, Clemson also had a poor last game. Both need to focus and get back to basics.

No offense, but I hope that doesn't go well for your Spartans.
That may kill MSU. Along with Wisconsin running back. I think we just learned that the Spartans run down after a while, so it will be tough. I think the Wisconsin game will be a good one though. MSU will look better than they did against OSU. Wisconsin will look as good as they really are. I think it will be close at the end. Hoping the excess cheese guts hanging on Wisconsin players will allow for MSU to churn out a win!!

OK, going with the I’m right every-other-week proof of concept - it honestly looks bad for the cheese heads, or cheese curds, or what-ever you want to call the rolly-polly dudes from Wisconsin (well except for the next Heisman trophy winner Taylor). MSU is well set up for this game. Wisconsin’s first loss coming.

But you’ll still win the west....it would be embarrassing losing the west title to a bunch of high school teams. And even though I’d give you a 20% chance against OSU in Big10 championship game, I am really rooting for you. Everyone needs to work together to knock them off their pedestal.

Good Luck Saturday to all the cheese heads, you’ll need it.

You are right Wayne, Clemson also had a poor last game. Both need to focus and get back to basics.
Well, so much for UGA, we may have joined the ranks of Tennessee in the SEC. If I don ‘t sober up I will have my wife put me out at curb side for the trash pick up’.

:eek: = The look on my face the last two weekends watching my Spartans. You guys looked every bit as good as one might expect Bill. Meanwhile, MSU seems to have dropped down a notch these last two years. Sigh...

It's all cyclical, and who's hot now, that's for sure. We're hot now. But with Ohio State, Iowa and Minnesota remaining it could take a turn for the worse if we turn cold.
I was at the game at Northwestern last season. Coen's first start. I can't believe that this team came from that team. It's reassuring to see that our run game depth is there even when JT is taking a breather. But the heart of this season's team without a doubt is the D.
OS will certainly test them well beyond any test they've had thus far.
Minnesota looks to be for real, and they always play the Badgers well, so I'm not claiming the West title yet by any means.
I breathe a sigh of relief after every victory, including today's.

Now my other favorite team, NDSU Bison, the wins are nearly as certain as tomorrow's sunrise!

So I still think the MSU defense is solid. They’ve just been asked to be out on the field for way too long, and wear down. Offense is good at best, playing against bad teams. Terrible with a strong team on the other side. Same story as last year. Now, there is only one game that really counts. I give the approval to lose the rest.

Minnesota looks to be for real, and they always play the Badgers well, so I'm not claiming the West title yet by any means.

I agree, the Gophers look pretty good so far, and I'd love to keep The Axe in Minneapolis for another year, but the Badgers look tough. And Penn State, Iowa and Wisc. in November will be a very tough month!

Obviously, after today's Badgers game, I'm well on my way to a hangover.
That looked like last year's Badgers.
And our rebound game is Ohio State......I need more Pendleton!

Michigan State didn’t lose this week!! I love weeks with a bye. Feel sorry for you Badger fans. I wanted to see them in the playoff. It’s getting late enough in the year that a loss to a not-great team will bump a team from consideration. But taking down OSU will make us all forgive you for this week. Most of the nation is behind you!!!

I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but here's how I see things playing out...
Badgers Lose to Ohio State but win out 'til week 13
Gophers lose to Penn State, but otherwise win out until week 13
Badgers beat Gophers in Minneapolis for the Axe and the B1G West Title
Badgers this time beat Ohio State in the B1G title game in Indianapolis!

Anyone else want a toke of what I'm smokin'?

This is cool, ESPN College Gameday will be from Brookings SD featuring the SDSU Jackrabbits vs NDSU Bison!

Lotta folks whining because "Gameday" chose to highlight a FCS matchup.
These aren't just your average FCS teams....

Attachments

• Bison Victims.jpg
    Bison Victims.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 6
This is cool, ESPN College Gameday will be from Brookings SD featuring the SDSU Jackrabbits vs NDSU Bison!

Lotta folks whining because "Gameday" chose to highlight a FCS matchup.
These aren't just your average FCS teams....
Yeah some people complained when College Game day was held at JMU for the 2nd time joining NDSU as the only 2 FCS schools to hold it multiple times. People complain about everything....Should be a great game!

How 'bout those Buckeyes!!!!!!
#1 in the ESPN power rankings!!!
Bring on Wisky, although I would have hoped that they would have been undefeated.

I'm getting way ahead of myself here, but here's how I see things playing out...
Badgers Lose to Ohio State but win out 'til week 13
Gophers lose to Penn State, but otherwise win out until week 13
Badgers beat Gophers in Minneapolis for the Axe and the B1G West Title
Badgers this time beat Ohio State in the B1G title game in Indianapolis!

Anyone else want a toke of what I'm smokin'?
I’ll go for most of this. Same team beating OSU or Badgers twice in one season would be very difficult. I don’t care who you are. So even though I want to see the Badgers do it twice to OSU, if you have to lose one, Saturday would be the day. Where I don’t agree is Gophers. No way they get to week 13 with only one loss. Maybe next year, but they really haven’t played anyone ......well except for that super powerful Illinois team that can play with anyone in the nation.....well they can play with them, but not win. Except for.....never-mind, I can’t even have fun with this because Wisconsin destroyed MSU.

Saturday will reveal the truth about just who the Badgers are.
To say I'm nervous would be an understatement.

And to repeat myself, if you're looking for a great & meaningful game, the NDSU/SDSU game will be a good one.
You should be able to catch it on ESPN+
These teams are the Alabama & LSU of FCS!

(Kahuna, Your JMU can be the Clemson!)

Last edited:
Saturday will reveal the truth about just who the Badgers are.
To say I'm nervous would be an understatement.

And to repeat myself, if you're looking for a great & meaningful game, the NDSU/SDSU game will be a good one.
You should be able to catch it on ESPN+
These teams are the Alabama & LSU of FCS!

(Kahuna, Your JMU can be the Clemson!)
I'll take that!

Back