Recent content by Ishoot308

  1. I

    Tow vehicle recommendations

    I have a Q27X2 with dual Verado 300’s hanging off the back. It’s sits on a tri-axle trailer and I have zero problems towing it with a GMC Denali 1500 with tow package. You should have no issues… Dan
  2. I

    Blue Sky cover - has anyone tried one?

    Love my cover! Had it a couple years now and it is still going strong! Use it almost every day! Dan
  3. I

    Mercury outboard 150 seems excessively loud...

    Are you sure the cover on the motor is seated properly and gaskets are not curled or missing? The motor cover when not seated properly with allow a lot of motor noise to escape. It’s worth a check… Good luck! Dan
  4. I

    Blue Sky cover - has anyone tried one?

    I got mine in over the weekend…jury is still out but the straps they ship with it are ridiculous and I don’t even bother using them. I just hook the attached loop at each corner cleat then run a small bungee in the center on each side…easy peasy. I call it my good weather cover….if I know it’s...
  5. I

    Bimini Lighting

    Sorry just seeing your question…I boat in New Hampshire. Marine patrol is very strict on excessive and unnecessary lighting. Dan
  6. I

    Bimini Lighting

    You may wish to check with your local marine patrol enforcement with legalities of this before spending any money. Where I am from they do not allow any lighting whatsoever that can be seen above the helm except nav lights when underway. The speaker lights in my tower speakers even need to be...
  7. I

    Blue Sky cover - has anyone tried one?

    I just ordered one a couple weeks ago. Went with an extra large for my 28’ Bennington. Playpen is roughly 21’ end for end. I too plan on using the middle lifting cleat to strap down each side. I’ll report back once I get it… Dan
  8. I

    Clips

    I believe this is a dealer order item. I have them on mine and love them! Way better than the plastic clips or EZ Fenders. Very small profile that won’t interfere with your mooring cover. Dan
  9. I

    Benni Clip

    I use standard 3/8” diameter fender line. Benni Clips are great! Dan
  10. I

    Blue Sky cover - has anyone tried one?

    Do you think you could use a tarp clip with a bungee or similar to pull down the sides a little or do you think the material is not strong enough for a tarp clip? Thanks! Dan
  11. I

    Rodent repellent

    The mice up here in my area make nests out of dryer sheets! Not kidding! Luckily my boats are stored inside and up high on racks but my trailers stay in my yard. I have to ensure every single hole or crevice is filled with stainless steel wool then covered with anti rodent spray foam. They love...
  12. I

    Pontoon Flag Pole

    Fairly easy to make if your somewhat handy… I made one for each of my pylon holes. Dan
  13. I

    My Trailer needs some work

    Use large nylon washers between PT wood and your trailer. The PT will eventually corrode your trailer prematurely… Dan
  14. I

    Boat Binoculars

    I have been using for number of years now, Nikon Aculon 10 x 50 A211. They are not crazy expensive at a little over $100.00, have super clear glass and are very rugged. Very pleased thus far with them! Dan
  15. I

    Ski pole pylon - flag pole?

    Made these out of aluminum tube. Fits right in the ski pylon holes… Dan
Back
Top