1 more question...what’s you thoughts on the Sink Console upgrade

dannyleininger

Reaction score
We are soooooo close to finalizing this build as I have been driving our dealer nuts with changes and questions. Of course all the changes have been additions and upgrades...more money to the dealer/Bennington. So everybody is happy!

So I have been eyeing the small sink that is built into the Helm/Console. Looks like it yields a larger Console and a place to rinse off small items or you hands. If you have one please give me your thoughts and/or review of this option.

We don’t have the sink option but do have the wash down option, it’s just a tick over 5 gallons with the pump and hose. Perfect for my 2YO and 5YO to wash of the ice cream before getting back on the boat. We have used it to wash down spills and sandy feet on the rear boat as it reaches pretty far. One of the funniest thing to do is drive by your friends boat who doesn’t have anything to offer back and spray them down!

We got a surprise sink when it apparently first came standard on our build back in 2014. My wife was unsure at first, but we love it -- great for rinsing hands, using as a place to corral bottles (with or without ice), a quick place to dampen a rag for wiping things down, a place to temporarily put things, etc. I'm glad we have it.

Last edited:
We got a surprise sink when it apparently first came standard on our build back in 2014. My wife was unsure at first, but we love it -- great for rinsing hands, using as a place to corral bottles (with our without ice), a quick place to dampen a rag for wiping things down, a place to temporarily put things, etc. I'm glad we have it.

Great reply! Thanks. How much water does it hold????

We don’t have the sink option but do have the wash down option, it’s just a tick over 5 gallons with the pump and hose. Perfect for my 2YO and 5YO to wash of the ice cream before getting back on the boat. We have used it to wash down spills and sandy feet on the rear boat as it reaches pretty far. One of the funniest thing to do is drive by your friends boat who doesn’t have anything to offer back and spray them down!

We have also ordered the Wash down option. Thanks for the reply! Shame on you for putting bad ideas in my head...can’t wait to try it! :D:D:D

:eek::eek::eek:

The holding tank is about 5 gallons, and the sink itself about a gallon.

That’s a huge quantity of water. It operates on a handpump at the faucet, right?

That’s a huge quantity of water. It operates on a handpump at the faucet, right?
I believe it's electric (boogie oogie oogie!) :D Some will get it.

We have a sink and washdown hose as well and really like both of them. Ours has a twelve gallon tank and an electric pump. Just flip the switch and spray away or run the faucet just like at home. Frankly, one of our more useful options on the boat and something that we use almost every time out.

what keeps the water fresh in the tank? Or do you drain it each time?

Using RV logic, a little chlorine would work quite well. I’m not thinking of this water as a potable water source, more of a quick shower rince or hand washing. Happy Thanksgiving!

what keeps the water fresh in the tank? Or do you drain it each time?
We don't drink it but that said, it seems to keep pretty good with no visible growth or clouding and it smells like water should. We mainly use it for hand washing and rinsing plates, etc. Of course, we are refilling it about every other week so that helps keep it fresh as well. Chlorine tablets would probably keep it potable but again, we bring plenty of cold beverages to begin with. The sink does have a small sticker warning against drinking, just in case you aren't very smart.

I believe it's electric (boogie oogie oogie!) :D Some will get it.

I just shot water out my nose! That's some funny stuff right there!

Good to hear the ones who have the washdown and or sink option are liking / using them, I am getting ready to spec out our Benny next week and was a little undecided on either of them, more I think about it more it makes sense as we entertain and have a need for hand washing and maybe washing down floor or seats from spills, sand, stuff like that.
Trying to think through all that may want in the beginning rather than wishing I had them at later time and try to add at later.

IMG_1258.JPG If you "entertain" you might want to consider the midship bar which comes with a sink, plenty of counter space and a couple of bar stools as well as storage underneath. That's how I ended up with a new boat, LOL. My wife saw it and the next thing I know we're signing on the dotted line. Heck, I didn't even know we were looking to buy a new boat. We do use the sink every time out but the washdown is nice to have for unexpected events.

Last edited:
I did not think of that as we did want to do some fishing from the boat, But 70% of the time will be spent entertaining and would be nice to be more set up for what we do the most, the 22' SSX Cruse/Fishing is what we/I have been looking at.

Those are two of the few options we did not get: sink and built-in wash down hose. The sink would be handy every now and then. My biggest regret has been not getting the spray down hose. That would be handy sometimes for just spraying off people, a small mess, etc...

Last edited:
Back