17P Enertia prop back ordered :(

Todd & Amanda

Reaction score
Ok so I talked the dealer into ordering me a 17P Enertia to replace the 16. The plan was to have it last Friday so I could get some seat time with it over the weekend. I got the call Friday only to find out the prop is on back order. 

Ok so I talked the dealer into ordering me a 17P Enertia to replace the 16. The plan was to have it last Friday so I could get some seat time with it over the weekend. I got the call Friday only to find out the prop is on back order. 

Frustrating I am sure. Every time you get down just think about that 350 hanging off the back and all your worries go away. Hope they get it soon for you. :D

Ask the dealer if they carry the Mercury Mirage Plus SS steel prop in 17P. Check it out on the Mercury website.

This is the 17P SS prop that came with our boat.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Frustrating I am sure. Every time you get down just think about that 350 hanging off the back and all your worries go away. Hope they get it soon for you. :D

I don't think my worries could keep up with that 350

Hey you got a 350 attached to a Q what is acouple more days?  :)

Found this on ebay:  PROP

Can't wait to see what numbers you get out of it!

Prop finally came in and I have some data, unfortunately I was less than impressed with this change. My mph went up from 52.5 to 53.8 and probably actually a little more since the 53.8 was leaving the dock completely full of fuel and on the least rough water we had over the holiday weekend so it wasn't a great comparison. I expect to see it break into the 54's on good water and a few gallons less fuel this coming weekend. With that being said I'll tell the rest of the story, the rpm's dropped from 6480 down to 6250 which I expected. The downside to that is I can tell it hurt the hole shot, hurt the cruising speeds, and hurt the sharp turning. With the 16p I could make WOT turns and only drop to 46mph, with the 17p I'm dropping to 40-42mph and getting to much slip. As for the cruising speeds I noticed I had to run a little faster to stay on plane with the 17 which I didn't expect at all. I'm going to run it more this weekend on hopefully better water conditions before I change but as of now I think the 17 isn't going to work out. In the meantime I'm going to research more props and see what I can find in a 16 pitch but slightly larger diameter.

That was my next move until I found out they don't make it in a 16 pitch

Pitches for ECO will run slightly different than "standard" Enertia. Ken at propgods.com may have suggestions.

Back