2013 2275 RCW Stereo Option

PGAHork

Reaction score
New to group, purchased 2013 2275 RCW last year, the original stereo is there with the wired remotes. Stereo Receiver goes in and out, but it appears Sony does not make a new stereo that is compatible with the wired controllers. Any suggestions on upgrading the stereo, looking at adding an amplifier and sub. Thank you for your time in advance.
Christopher Horoky

New to group, purchased 2013 2275 RCW last year, the original stereo is there with the wired remotes. Stereo Receiver goes in and out, but it appears Sony does not make a new stereo that is compatible with the wired controllers. Any suggestions on upgrading the stereo, looking at adding an amplifier and sub. Thank you for your time in advance.
Christopher Horoky
I suggest a picture or two of your existing, maybe with a measurement.

I suggest a picture or two of your existing, maybe with a measurement.
Welcome aboard captain! When you get a chance, I am sure others (me too!) would love to see some pictures of your RCW, or specs on it. There are a number of us that enjoy checking out one-another’s boats.

That said, in addition to this good advice LA, do a search in this forum . Search box is in the upper right hand corner. Sometimes you. Have to type in a few different but similar ideas: stereo, amp, sub, stereo installation, etc….

However, there have been a number of stereo, amp and sub related posts over the last 5-7 years. You may find some great nuggets and suggestions in them for yourself.

If you want to get the same Sony unit ,last time I checked Amazon still carried them .
As far as the amp & sub , I liked Wet Sound's when it was offered as a factory option .

I have a 2012 2275 RCW. I removed the sony reciever and the controller. I put a Kicker 46KMC2 in the same hole where the wired controller was located. It fit perfect and sounds much better. May still have the old sony reciever if you want it.

Welcome aboard captain! When you get a chance, I am sure others (me too!) would love to see some pictures of your RCW, or specs on it. There are a number of us that enjoy checking out one-another’s boats.

That said, in addition to this good advice LA, do a search in this forum . Search box is in the upper right hand corner. Sometimes you. Have to type in a few different but similar ideas: stereo, amp, sub, stereo installation, etc….

However, there have been a number of stereo, amp and sub related posts over the last 5-7 years. You may find some great nuggets and suggestions in them for yourself.
Thank you Vikingstaff, will do this weekend, boats in and new pier is set up, have to send some pics, 80's next week, ready to float.

If you want to get the same Sony unit ,last time I checked Amazon still carried them .
As far as the amp & sub , I liked Wet Sound's when it was offered as a factory option .
Thank you Jack, really appreciate the time and reply!

Back