2014 22SFX Repower from Evinrude E-TEC 90hp to Yamaha 115hp

msimmons

Reaction score
I have a 2014 Bennington 22SFX Pontoon that currently has a 2014 Evinrude E-TEC 90hp on it. Because of some repairs and parts availability issues I'm deciding on moving towards doing a repower using a used 2013 Yamaha 115hp 4-Stroke Outboard. The Yamaha is model #F115LB (Serial 6EK L 1006727 A). So I have some questions....

1. I do not have hydraulic steering for the E-TEC 90hp; do I need to change anything steering wise for the Yamaha? Will I be okay with this steering or should I go hydraulic?

2. What is the correct part # for the Yamaha binnacle in-dash to replace the Evinrude one?

3. What is the correct part # for the Yamaha ignition switch/panel?

4. What is the correct part #s for the Yamaha for analog tach, gas gauge, and trim? What harness part #s do I need for this?

5. What is the correct part #s for the Command Link digital Yamaha gauge? What harness part #s do I need?

6. What other correct part #s for the Yamaha control cables, harnesses, etc. and length for this pontoon and for this motor do I need?

Anything else I'm missing or should need to look at purchasing for this re-power?

Thank you in advance for any help and guidance anyone can provide!

---Michael

You might find some answers in here, but I would strongly recommend reaching out to Yamaha directly and/or inquiring on a Yamaha forum. You have many specific questions to a motor change up, and while some of us have some level of technical experience in such things, it isn’t what this groups focus necessarily is vs being more knowledgeable on questions specific to the Bennington itself.

That said, welcome to our group.

A few years ago( 2015) I wanted to repower from a 150 to a 200 .
As it turned out it was cost prohibitive due to changing the controls ,even being the same brand ( Mercury) . I did have a 2020 with an Evinrude. I took delivery just about the same time they made the announcement that they were no longer making outboards . Even though I had 7 year warranty I sold it in 21 because I was concerned about parts availability. Warranty means nothing if you can't get parts.

Back