2015 2275 GCW Helm Cup Holder Is Useless

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
If you put a tall coolie cup in the helm located cup holder on this boat the throttle control runs into it., pure genius. What is a good alternative cup holder and location for it that anyone here has come up with. 

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Learned that lesson pulling a water skier.  Ruined a perfectly good Solo cup and lost my drink.  Unhappy captain.  I put my shoe on an angle to the bumpout on the helm and place the cup on the floor to the right of my foot.  It is out of the sun and the shoe holds it in place.  My phone is usually in the shoe to keep it out of the sun. 

Shorter cup with more frequent refills and new ice every time.

I agree though...it was poorly thought through.

I use the armrests on the captains seat.

Bad spot for a cup holder.  Works ok when just cruising but I have to move my drink to another holder frequently.

B)  That was the first comment I made the first time I took my boat out.  My drinks do usually last long enough to spend much time in the cupholder anyway 

Should have bought an S :p  No issues here!

It is a ridiculous place for a cupholder. Astonishing that it ever got put there and even more so that it hasn't been changed. I use the cupholder right behind the captains chair on the lounger.

Has anyone ever found a good cupholder that clips to the square rails on a pontoon?

Don't you guys have the cupholders in the captains chair armrests?

Carl, must be either an option you picked or because you have an R model.  Mine is a G and I believe the other guys commenting also have the G model.  

Don't you guys have the cupholders in the captains chair armrests?

I'll have to take a pic when I get rid of this bag.

No cup holders in my armrests. S model boat, but G captain seat.

Place arm on rest, put cup in hand. If you get up, boat should be in neutral, place cup in holder. Great safety feature!

I have commented on this before. Not a good location, but it does have it's benefits.

Should have bought an S :p  No issues here!
That is why I bought an S. Just didn't know it until now! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Place arm on rest, put cup in hand. If you get up, boat should be in neutral, place cup in holder. Great safety feature!

I have commented on this before. Not a good location, but it does have it's benefits.
The glass is always half full with Jared. Or maybe it's the cup that's half full...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back