2018 GSR

Superphil69

Reaction score
I am purchasing this boat this week. All the paperwork says GSR. But the Bow has 23 GSW on it. Is there a reason for this?
No reason to believe boat has been damaged and panels changed. Buying from 1st owner.

I am purchasing this boat this week. All the paperwork says GSR. But the Bow has 23 GSW on it. Is there a reason for this?
No reason to believe boat has been damaged and panels changed. Buying from 1st owner.
I know of the GSR and GCW models/floorplans. Is there even a GSW Model? I know this is likely just a stupid question, but are you certain it has GSW on the side of the paneling on the boat? Due you have a picture of the floor layout you can post to this. A GSR has the following floor plan:

2018 GSR

Super Phil what year is the boat as on the paperwork, and post a picture of the GSW decal. A copy of the paperwork would help as well. One other person on forum once mentioned GSW but I though it was just a typo.

I know of the GSR and GCW models/floorplans. Is there even a GSW Model? I know this is likely just a stupid question, but are you certain it has GSW on the side of the paneling on the boat? Due you have a picture of the floor layout you can post to this. A GSR has the following floor plan:

2018 GSR
Its stamped 23 GCW.

Attachments

• 71CAD29A-A5A2-478C-92E1-56F8614ADBEC.png
    71CAD29A-A5A2-478C-92E1-56F8614ADBEC.png
    497.9 KB · Views: 55
Google 23GSR, then 23GCW, and you will see the difference. Different floorplan. GCW has stern lounge and GSR has two captains seats. I think I have that right. Can't really be sure by the pic, but looks like two captains chairs.

Hard to tell in the picture because the difference between the GSR and GCW is going to be in the rear seating. Either could have captains chairs, so that isn’t the difference here.

However, based on zooming in on the picture as best I could, it looks like a GSR. If accurate, then there was likely just a mistake with the layout letters put on the exterior of the boat at the factory in 2018 and the original owners didn’t care enough (or realize/notice) to get them switched out to the correct ones.

Google 23GSR, then 23GCW, and you will see the difference. Different floorplan. GCW has stern lounge and GSR has two captains seats. I think I have that right. Can't really be sure by the pic, but looks like two captains chairs.
I believe you are right as well. That’s why the badging on the bow is so odd. I have 2 captains chairs.
could this be some type of special that was bought. The seller also told me that it was mentioned at the dealer that that might be.
im pretty confused. I am buying no matter what. But it’s still a mystery

The CW means Center Walk .The CW's have 2 stern loungers and 'Most" not all have 2 captains chairs .
I have had an RCW and now a QCW .

I believe you are right as well. That’s why the badging on the bow is so odd. I have 2 captains chairs.
could this be some type of special that was bought. The seller also told me that it was mentioned at the dealer that that might be.
im pretty confused. I am buying no matter what. But it’s still a mystery
Yes...having two captains chairs is an upgrade option. Not a cheap one either - or at least it wasn’t when we got our boat. FYI, we didn’t get one. However, having our boat for four years now, it would be great to have gotten them for when just me and my wife are out cruising around. My guess is you’ll really like having those dual captains chairs!!!

Otherwise, having it badged improperly really isn’t any issue at all. I can understand the previous owners not worrying about that (if that’s the case). I think both layouts are nice: GSR and GCW. I think GSR is more practical with large groups, young kids, balancing weight distribution, etc. GCW is nice for having a couple really nice looking dual side loungers in the back of the boat, and giving a more upscale and fancy kind of look in the back. Both are great, just different.

The CW means Center Walk .The CW's have 2 stern loungers and 'Most" not all have 2 captains chairs .
I have had an RCW and now a QCW .
So I am probably overthinking.
thanks. That helps a ton.
now I will stop worrying

So I am probably overthinking.
thanks. That helps a ton.
now I will stop worrying
Yep ,but we all do .
Go to the build page ,check off stern lounge then search for models . It will show you all models with the stern lounges and dual captain's chairs .I believe there are 28 CW models

Here is a link to an "old " cheat sheet . 3rd post down ,PDF file

Looking at the catalogs I think you're right - any "C" in the model name appears to have stern lounges, any "S" has the stern radius (quad seating).

Back