2021 Dash layout options

lakelifeMN

Reaction score
As some one looking to order a 2021 LX I have been trying to find what a "standard" dash looks like and what the optional layouts are. I have not had much luck getting pictures or much info. I would really prefer a standard 3 gauge layout with speedometer (hard to find anymore), tach, and fuel/trim/ect with a Simrad for depth finder from the factory (at eye level where it is easy to see it). I have seen you can get just a Simrad or various gauge layouts but not both together from the factory (unless I'm wrong). Figured I'd post my research here for others and maybe people could post their own pictures as "new" boats are seen in the wild. :) Maybe others or dealers will be able to reach out with more information than I have been able to get. Thanks again everyone!
LX Dash.jpg
2021 LX: 2 Gauge layout with Garmin

LX with Simrad.jpg
2021 LX: With Simrad

LX with Simrad 2.jpg
With Simrad

LX 3 gauge.jpg
2021 LX: With 3 gauges (no speedometer)

LX with Yamaha gauges.jpg
2021 with Yamaha gauges

Yamaha gauges.jpg
Yamaha digital gauges

R 3 gauge layout.jpg
R 3 gauge layout

r dash.jpg
2021 R: dash layout

standard dash.jpg
2021 S series: dash

2019 R.jpg
2019 R: My favorite! Wish I could get something like this with 3 gauges with a speedometer and on the right I would mount a Simrad. Anyone with just the Simrad can you share your thoughts on the all digital dash? I am old school (but not that old) and like to see my speedo and would want to be able to see water depth/maps at the same time without having to go split screen on a 7 inch unit. Can any one post pictures of the upgraded Bennington digital gauges or pictures of the Simrad in use? Those of us with dealers not on the water may find this beneficial. Thanks again everyone!

2020 R23 Dual Touchscreens and Garmin
Yes that is sharp looking! How bright/easy to read are the gauges? I wish they had that setup with a Simrad on the right. I like the 7 inch screen for depth finder and would like the 10 year warranty. Don't want to have to mount one aftermarket if possible... Would much prefer the nice clean look from factory.

Can any one post pictures of the upgraded Bennington digital gauges or pictures of the Simrad in use? Those of us with dealers not on the water may find this beneficial. Thanks again everyone!
I have the Simrad Go9 and haven't had issues seeing it in direct sun even though the screen is glossy. Not so hot on the Yamaha layout vs the Merc version.
IMG_2152.JPG

I have the Simrad Go9 and haven't had issues seeing it in direct sun even though the screen is glossy. Not so hot on the Yamaha layout vs the Merc version.
View attachment 28022
I set it up with the custom under Simrad gauges. I agree I’m not a big fan of the Yamaha. This is best picture I could find of my set up.

Attachments

• 0B417A2B-F9E6-4873-97B0-08838BB8E67F.jpeg
    0B417A2B-F9E6-4873-97B0-08838BB8E67F.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 82
I set it up with the custom under Simrad gauges. I agree I’m not a big fan of the Yamaha. This is best picture I could find of my set up.
4.4 is speed, 63.1 is water temp, 2.6 is depth. 22.6 is fuel remaining, 10% is trim. Kinda hard to read in picture but not in person. You can choose anything you want to see any the style of gauge per selection.

4.4 is speed, 63.1 is water temp, 2.6 is depth. 22.6 is fuel remaining, 10% is trim. Kinda hard to read in picture but not in person. You can choose anything you want to see any the style of gauge per selection.
I knew I could define a custom display, but I have not yet researched how. Can I revert back to factory if I totally screw it up? I find the Simrad interface a bit clunky... Guess I need to find a sixteen year old to do it for me :)

I knew I could define a custom display, but I have not yet researched how. Can I revert back to factory if I totally screw it up? I find the Simrad interface a bit clunky... Guess I need to find a sixteen year old to do it for me :)
You can do a factory reset but I think after you start tinkering you will find it pretty easy to operate. I like the ability to have multiple screen options right on the "home" page for different activities. I only have this photo with the lake map, sonar and some selected data items on the right.
20200812_185804 (1).jpg

When you go in and do a custom gauge setup you actually can save it with a name, it doesn’t override any factory setting. Go in and mess around you can’t break it. :)

Those of you with just the Simrad and no gauges what are your thoughts? Do you miss having the gauges? Does it matter much since things likes speed and tach don't really make much difference? Even though I love tech I wish I could have gauges and the Simrad together so I could use it for depth finder/ water maps and still keep note of speed ect. I know being on the water you don't even need to know speed or RPM but I feel I would miss it. I don't really like the idea of split screen with small gauges and small water map. Just trying to figure out what would be a happy medium. Thanks again for everyone's feedback and pictures. This is turning into a very good thread.

Those of you with just the Simrad and no gauges what are your thoughts? Do you miss having the gauges? Does it matter much since things likes speed and tach don't really make much difference? Even though I love tech I wish I could have gauges and the Simrad together so I could use it for depth finder/ water maps and still keep note of speed ect. I know being on the water you don't even need to know speed or RPM but I feel I would miss it. I don't really like the idea of split screen with small gauges and small water map. Just trying to figure out what would be a happy medium. Thanks again for everyone's feedback and pictures. This is turning into a very good thread.

This is exactly what I'm torn on. When it's time to place our order, I'm still going to be back and forth in my own head about going with the standard gauges or the big digital display.

Looking forward to others feedback on this, as well.

I don't miss gauges AT ALL - the SimRad Go9 is super-easy and super-customizable. I use a 3-screen setup most of the time. The ability to set to night mode and darken is fantastic, and the deeper settings allow fantastic maps that I've used quite a bit navigating around after dark. (FYI - if you forget to turn back to "day mode" and can't see the screen when you pop it on the next day, just press the power icon in the lower left to pop the screen back to a brighter display)

(@lakelifeMN - FYI you always have some readout of speed/depth on the side regardless of layout - see my pic below, on the right of the screen)

I'd never go back to traditional gauges - too limiting.

Attached a pic from a recent run with my favorite map/engine readout. The Merc screen is very cool looking.Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 11.14.34 AM.png

Last edited:
I don't miss gauges AT ALL - the SimRad Go9 is super-easy and super-customizable. I use a 3-screen setup most of the time. The ability to set to night mode and darken is fantastic, and the deeper settings allow fantastic maps that I've used quite a bit navigating around after dark. (FYI - if you forget to turn back to "day mode" and can't see the screen when you pop it on the next day, just press the power icon in the lower left to pop the screen back to a brighter display)

(@lakelifeMN - FYI you always have some readout of speed/depth on the side regardless of layout - see my pic below, on the right of the screen)

I'd never go back to traditional gauges - too limiting.

Attached a pic from a recent run with my favorite map/engine readout. The Merc screen is very cool looking.

That is rather sweet setup. Thank you for that. My hesitation is that on the LX or below only a 7 inch screen is available and I don't know if that would get too small. I originally thought about going with the Bennington 3 gauge (with speedo option) and doing a Simrad separate (aftermarket). I would either have to cut into the nice expensive dash or mount it somewhere. I will inquire with my dealers in the area and hopefully get to see one but this gives me hope I may be talked into converting... ;)

That is rather sweet setup. Thank you for that. My hesitation is that on the LX or below only a 7 inch screen is available and I don't know if that would get too small. I originally thought about going with the Bennington 3 gauge (with speedo option) and doing a Simrad separate (aftermarket). I would either have to cut into the nice expensive dash or mount it somewhere. I will inquire with my dealers in the area and hopefully get to see one but this gives me hope I may be talked into converting... ;)
I have the 7 inch screen and haven't had any trouble viewing the readouts while seated / driving. In fact, I can sit on the swingback and still read the depth and speed of drift while fishing.

The Go 7 is great. No issues reading it. Once you set it up the way you like it, you're set. Everybody will want different things displayed, these give you the options to see what you want, and what you don't. I don't have a pic with it on, but at least the yamaha setup allows for a lot of data to be shown on one screen and you can move the info around to where it's comfortable and easy to find.

If I had other gauges in addition to the Simrad it would be redundant. You can get anything you want to see to show up with your Simrad on one screen. Plus in my opinion I like how clean it looks with just the Simrad. Just my 2 cents.

Back