2022 25L Swingback Spray Hose

sdsurfer

Reaction score
I wanted to share a project we did on our boat recently. We have a 2022 25' L Swingback with a Mercury 400 Verado. It came with a silly 6 gallon on board water tank to rinse things off. The tank took up almost half of a storage compartment as well.

It's a pain to drag a hose in the boat to fill it. I would frequently forget to fill it and end up needing it. I did not like the thought of hauling 50lbs of water around the lake.

The remedy we chose was to:

Remove the tank, relocate the pump to maximize storage, run a hose to the rear to pick up water from the lake/river. We put a filter on the end of the hose to prevent debris from entering the pump and tucked it under where the ski pylon rests. There is great pressure and we now have an endless water source.

I have attached some photos for reference. Thank you.

Attachments

• boat tank 1.jpg
    boat tank 1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 54
  • boat tank 2.jpg
    boat tank 2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 52
  • boat tank 3.jpg
    boat tank 3.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 52
  • boat tank 4.jpg
    boat tank 4.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 52
  • boat tank 6.jpg
    boat tank 6.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 51
  • boat tank 7.jpg
    boat tank 7.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 52
Nice job! Thanks for sharing…

Looks nice, and problem solved. Thanks for passing along your project and pictures others that might want to change theirs up in a similar manner.

This is on the top of my project / upgrade list! What pump do you have and do you find it enough to wash down the boat? Does the spray nozzle provide a fine mist spray? I found the fine mist cleans the Simtex really well (I use a batter powered unit on low currently).

Back