2075 GS with ESP and Yam F115 top speed?

No, I think it would be about the same. That being said, my 20 ft boat handles rough water really well with the ESP package. I had to be at 20 ft or less due to a length restriction at my camp. I have about 6 to 8 people all the time and have had up to the 11 limit several times. The boat is very roomy for a 20 ft boat and I have the front bow seat for extra space. No regrets at all.

Hi,

I also added the front bow gate seat.

The decision between 115 and 150 was really bugging me so I had to close it, in the end I let the testosterone make the decision for me.

I'm now emotionally (and wallet) relieved that I made the decision.

The last factor that was bugging me is the new 115 is a new design so there are some uncertainty on reliability, the 150 (and old 115) has a very good track record.

But that was not the real reason, read the lines above again.

Yes I'm self justifying, I hope the family is not reading.

It's a very good thing that the limit is 150 for this boat, can't go further.

F.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had it all set in my mind that since we are slow cruisers and not speed freaks that the 115 was the right choice for me.

Now I read your post and I have to admit, that is a pretty convincing argument :rolleyes:

Lol. Same decision and reasons here. I love my 150hp and dont regret it at all :D

Mercury has a new 115? I knew they had a new 150 come out recently. Hadn't heard about a new 115...

I see my mistake. You guys are talking Yamaha.

There is no cheaper time to buy extra hp than when you're buying new. If you were to buy a 115hp now, run it for 2-3 years, and then decide to upgrade to a 150hp........the depreciation of the 115hp at that time will far exceed the extra expense of a 150hp now. Another suggestion. Price the new Suzukis in comparison to the Yamahas. The Suzukis are $1000's cheaper. You may just be able to afford that 150hp for very little more than that Yamaha F115 !! Suzuki also offers a DF140 for less than the Yamaha F115. I can tell you this much because my family owns and has owned of few of both brands, the Suzukis are quieter and smoother than the Yamahas......regardless of HP.

Back